• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
HI there

Today/Tomorrow I hope to start trialling voucher code idea that is exclusive to forum members only.
This is a concept idea and will be rolled out slowly and as such our first step will be to test it to a more limited audience, we shall do this by ONLY posting the deal in members market, which only members above with more than 1000 post and six months membership can view.

Our reasoning for this is because their are several forum members and guest who leak out when we do heads up, so the last thing we want or need is a voucher code leaking out to then spoil it for all here.

So to begin with the first deal or two will be posted in members market.

The way it shall work:
- Card listed on website at a truly crazy price, like £5,000 - £20,000
- A voucher code will then be made to get the card down to a very fair price, as close to MSRP as possible though this is impossible in some cases as we pay above MSRP.
- The voucher will be time and quantity limited to help prevent over sale.
- The deal/voucher code will only be posted in members market, so only the longer term members can view it.
- Anyone caught spamming the forum's to increase post count will be dealt with and have their access removed to MM
- The deal SKU is 1pc per customers and limited to UK only customers.
- If OcUK identifies someone selling a voucher code deal at a scalp price on Ebay or any other platform you will also be banned.

If this goes well and the voucher code is not abused and we see steady sales, we shall then also make some SKU's available at a lower price with the use of a voucher in this public forum that all members will get a chance to buy, but rest assured if people decide to leak the voucher code and we see BOT's attempting to buy, the simple fact is this concept idea will then get pulled and won't be repeated.

We are doing this to try and help you guys out, by getting cards to you at very fair prices, the simple fact is as you all know we can sell the cards at similar prices to other shops and sell out within seconds, what we plan to do is offer you cards cheaper than anywhere else with a voucher code system, but if it gets abused it shall be pulled and we won't be repeating it, which in end spoils it for all.

Our plan/concept it not up for debate or ideas, it is something that has been worked on behind the scenes between myself, @ScottiB and marketing to try and get something functioning with the website/tools we have.

I do hope to have a card/deal live later today / tomorrow, so when you see a card online at around £10,000 you will know that is the card that we have a voucher code live on and that code will be posted in members market.#

Like I say if this works well, I shall do some deals here in this public forum and will continue to do so on the basis it works well, otherwise it will get pulled back to the more private members market which is also invisible to google/bots and if that is abused it will be pulled completely.

So in short!

DO NOT SHARE VOUCHER CODES EVEN ON THIS FORUM LET ALONE ANYWHERE ELSE!

Anyone actually seen sharing a voucher code on this forum or who we can ID from this forum sharing elsewhere will be permanently banned from the OcUK forum.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
watch the forum crash due to everyone and their dog posting to get that post count up :D

props to you guys though at least your trying to work something out to get cards into actual gamers hands.

OcUK Staff
OP
watch the forum crash due to everyone and their dog posting to get that post count up :D

props to you guys though at least your trying to work something out to get cards into actual gamers hands.

The DON's have been informed of this plan, they will be enforcing the rules strictly and are all informed to ban anyone share a voucher code on the spot.

Soldato
@Gibbo

Are these codes going to apply for all 6000/3000 series cards from now on - i.e from the 3060 through to the 3090 and 6700XT upto the 6900XT?

I ask as even at RRP the 3070/6800 and up are still likely out of my reach sadly.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

Are these codes going to apply for all 6000/3000 series cards from now on - i.e from the 3060 through to the 3090 and 6700XT upto the 6900XT?

It shall be one deal/SKU at a time.

If we roll out a blanket code system and it gets abused we'd sell 1000's of cards we don't have before we know it.

I am planning the first card to be a 3060 as I know so many people are looking for a card at a more friendly price.

Soldato
It shall be one deal/SKU at a time.

If we roll out a blanket code system and it gets abused we'd sell 1000's of cards we don't have before we know it.

I am planning the first card to be a 3060 as I know so many people are looking for a card at a more friendly price.

Excellent, thanks.

/dusts off credit card

Associate
Will cards get listed in the usual section? If cards show up at £20k in the usual place it will get noticed and people will wonder why - might even make the news. Then they'll figure out about the voucher code system. Once that happens, I don't it will work outside of the members market. Forums will get swamped.

Soldato
Will cards get listed in the usual section? If cards show up at £20k in the usual place it will get noticed and people will wonder why - might even make the news. Then they'll figure out about the voucher code system. Once that happens, I don't it will work outside of the members market. Forums will get swamped.
Could suspend new accounts maybe. saying that you cant get into the members section without X post count and X time.

Pet Northerner
Don

Still a 6 month wait for MM access, even if you could spam 1000 posts in a day - so it won't be an issue that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom