• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Voucher codes for the posters and not potentially the ones who spend money.
I know it's that case for me.
But if it drums up business then it's a good thing.

Associate
Guys any chance of getting a sticky with the happenings and terms of the offer? I've been looking for ages for answers to questions like when are they going live and anything for people with under 1000 posts etc but not many answers ☺
This is a big thread lol

Soldato
Guys any chance of getting a sticky with the happenings and terms of the offer? I've been looking for ages for answers to questions like when are they going live and anything for people with under 1000 posts etc but not many answers ☺
This is a big thread lol
They will go live when they go live, they aren't gonna tell you days or weeks in advance. More likely 10 mins before or even better just splash the post when they're ready. Giving people time to prepare i can understand but this also gives scalpers and botters time as well.

Associate
They will go live when they go live, they aren't gonna tell you days or weeks in advance. More likely 10 mins before or even better just splash the post when they're ready. Giving people time to prepare i can understand but this also gives scalpers and botters time as w.
What do you mean splash the post?

So basically we need to check the gpu section of ocuk every few mins to be in with a chance? Arg. I won't be doing that (again) lol
Or you're saying we will get a notification here 10 mins before?

Associate
This is a really nice idea given the current state of the GPU market. Props to OcUK for looking out for the loyal customers!

Soldato
What do you mean splash the post?

So basically we need to check the gpu section of ocuk every few mins to be in with a chance? Arg. I won't be doing that (again) lol
Or you're saying we will get a notification here 10 mins before?
Or just watch the section and select email notification. Can't tell you when they'll do it, that's up to them.

Just be patient is all i'm gonna say.

Associate
I would argue that this is an amoral position. What you are affectively saying is that it is ok for a very small subset of people to be narcistic in looking out for their own interests and using bots to buy items on the internet before the retailer has even listed them for sale to the general public. Then selling the item on for a profit, this is the opposite of utilitarianism as you are arguing that the interests of the scalpers is greater than the majority. You are saying its the responsibility of the retailer to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on IT systems to counter those using bots, not the moral responsibility of the scalpers to behave in a way which benefits society as a whole, a narcistic view point.

If your view is acceptable then please tell me why enough people have complained about this situation to Members of Parliament that a bill to outlaw what you are presenting as acceptable is in front of Parliament
PS5 scalpers buy most Argos stock before it even went on sale - VG247
UK politicians suggest new law to stop PS5 and Xbox Series X scalpers | Metro News

The proposal in Parliament supports OcUK position that they just want to currently get one gpu in the hands of genuine customers not scalpers

I'm not saying its ok nor do I agree with what or how they do this (so please do not put words into my mouth), but you need to be realistic... it doesn't matter if the government say you can do something, it still happens much like robbery and murder (they are morally wrong and also outlawed, yet it still happens).

I would say that its the responsibility of the retailer to stay current and try to tackle these problems, case in point (OCUK obviously do not currently have a system in place now but were and are looking to release a new site later this year).

In the ideal world scalpers wouldn't exist (we should expect them to behave themselves as this would go against why they are called scalpers lol).

Caporegime
Voucher codes for the posters and not potentially the ones who spend money.
I know it's that case for me.
But if it drums up business then it's a good thing.
If it was only about who spends the money, then they wouldn't bother with a voucher scheme at all.

Miners and bots were quite happy to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom