• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
True... I mean I work in the financial industry (for a subsidiary of the government) and every, single, little thing we do is VERY closely monitored by the FCA. They work hard to prevent monopolies and have smashed, several times, like £20million+ fines for those who so much as cough at consumers in a way that displeases them, let alone shafting them.
It kind of makes me wish there was an FCA for the pc/tech world tbh. You're right it gives AMD/Nvidia/intel free reign. I kinda wished if someone else would enter the gpu market it wouldn't be intel but well here we go next month.

I'm sure it's not the only industry this happens in mind. Perhaps even the phone industry. Is it just me but ever since those insanely priced £1200 iPhones sold out then the androids, I've noticed £500 now gets you the beat down version, inclusive of sub par screen/camera/cpu. 5 years ago HALF of that (£500) was flagship territory. I got an as new xperia 1 (£900rrp) for like £200, barely 6months old, my mate the new Samsung, both of us laughed at the fact if we'd f paid £1000 it'd of been worth more than our cars lol. And they aren't even anything special tbf.

Games however are getting hella expensive/risky to produce... I honestly don't mind paying £50 for a AAA game but you're right it should dam well work for £50.

You can get a top tier phone for £300 these days. It's just from Xiaomi. Poco F3 or their other models.

Apple has always been overpriced and Samsung is just pricing itself against its competition. If apple can sell a phone for £1500 then why can't Samsung?

It's best now to stick to Xiaomi, Lenovo, Motorola and the likes.

I got a Poco f2 pro at launch for £300. My wife is using a Moto g9 power which I got her for £150 and was in sale for £120 a few days ago.

Arguably the Moto G9 power is one of the best phones you can buy. Large screen and massive battery. It lasts a genuine 2 days between charges.

Associate
You can get a top tier phone for £300 these days. It's just from Xiaomi. Poco F3 or their other models.

Apple has always been overpriced and Samsung is just pricing itself against its competition. If apple can sell a phone for £1500 then why can't Samsung?

It's best now to stick to Xiaomi, Lenovo, Motorola and the likes.

I got a Poco f2 pro at launch for £300. My wife is using a Moto g9 power which I got her for £150 and was in sale for £120 a few days ago.

Arguably the Moto G9 power is one of the best phones you can buy. Large screen and massive battery. It lasts a genuine 2 days between charges.
Never even heard most of those and Motorola still making phones? Wow... I must know squat about the market.

Had no end of bad experience with Chinese phones though. My Mrs oppo was terrible. Few other brands we'd never heard of, absolute garbage and like 4000rmb (around 440 quid).

We stuck chinese sims in our Samsungs and Sonys in the end lol

Heard Huawei are good but after you've lived in China and learnt how invasive they are there is NO WAY you would own one. Honest man everything you download there is like a virus. Even "genuine" goverment apps. It's crazy. Can't speak about that hear though... They could be watching and my social score might go down a few points hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Never even heard most of those and Motorola still making phones? Wow... I must know squat about the market.

Had no end of bad experience with Chinese phones though. My Mrs oppo was terrible. Few other brands we'd never heard of, absolute garbage and like 4000rmb (around 440 quid).

We stuck chinese sims in our Samsungs and Sonys in the end lol

You might want to look up the specs of the Poco F3 then on GSM arena and it's launching soon for buttons.

The Moto g9 power has a 6000mah battery for instance and £120 for everything else it has spec wise.

Yeah it's not 90hz or 120hz screen or got all the pixels but I'm looking at one right now even holding it way closer than you normally would and I can't see any pixels.

There comes a point when law of diminishing returns kicks in and it's pointless going faster or better.

You can arguably get a great phone for £100-£150 these days that 99.9% of people would never know the difference between it and a £1500 phone.

Heard Huawei are good but after you've lived in China and learnt how invasive they are there is NO WAY you would own one. Honest man everything you download there is like a virus. Even "genuine" goverment apps. It's crazy. Can't speak about that hear though... They could be watching and my social score might go down a few points hahahaha

Huawei aren't as good as Xiaomi or Lenovo.

Associate
unlikely i would have thought if it was despatched. cant see how can catch someone before gpu hits open market, unless theres a history somewhere

Some people have been listing the gpu on auction sites after receiving confirmation email of purchase but before receiving card

Associate
Unbelievable amount of people on Ebay UK selling RX 6700XT's, such a shame gamers and upgraders can't get a look-in buying one of these cards including myself.

The 6700xt isn't a particularly good buy at many retail prices let alone auction scalper prices of £600+. You could get a 5700xt for £400 or a bit under before the shortage. You expect a generation increase from the 5700xt to the 6700xt. At scalper prices you are paying more for each fps on the 6700xt than you did for the 5700xt, a generation decrease in value, not an increase

https://youtu.be/oj8SuJ2Mb6A?t=1500

Associate
"Before the shortage"

Rather key point.
But this shortage will last well into next year ...I fear and prices will go up and up Well into the Summer and beyond and as it's getting crazy out there ! Retailers selling
3070's at £900+ they are instant selling out within seconds so The 6700xt price's will go up and up from retailers as well its a knock on effect
as there is no GUP stock anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom