• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Hopefully a drop of graphics cards along with a discount code in the more public forums.

as mentioned, like a lot of other people I fall into the catagory of “long time forum member, 10 years of order history, thousands of £‘s spent but not an active forum poster so no MM access” so I missed out on the drops last week and refuse to pay 200% of the correct price to some scalper.
@Gibbo is looking into getting a different sub forum setup with some entry requirements but less than the current MM, purely for the voucher deals (should they continue etc.?)

Associate
Funny in a discord group, there is a guy bragging that he has multiple nvidia 30x0 series for mining one of which is a 3060 at MSRP from OCUK. I'm assuming it's another person abusing the MM deals, just goes to show give someone the opportunity to be crappy, and they will do it :p.

Of course OCUK can't reasonably do any more than they are already, at some point you have to hope people won't abuse everything lol.

Associate
Yeah Google/Facebook has all of your data and they use it to sell advertising based on your interests but the UK government does not

I know that but this is without using google or facebook

just talking in the room we can only assume the apple devices spy on you

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo is looking into getting a different sub forum setup with some entry requirements but less than the current MM, purely for the voucher deals (should they continue etc.?)

Hi there

I need to discuss this with moderating team first, to see if it is even possible, our IT department can't help due to the current list of stuff that comes before this, so unless it is something I can do myself (I cannot as checked) or another forum admin can do I am afraid it looks very unlikely and as originally I did say no promises on this one as I know all staff and all moderators are insanely busy.

OcUK Staff
OP
WARNING!

I have been informed by the DON's a second loyal member has been caught selling a card purchased on an MM deal.
They have been dealt witrh, also let me inform you now all DON/Admins decisions are final, the moderating team put in a huge amount of work moderating the forum and like me they take a dislike to anyone discovered abusing these deals.

So today we have a public deal and I warn you now both staff and moderators will be watching, if anyone leaks the voucher code or buys to sell on, we will find you and we will ban you!

Man of Honour

That would be great because if the codes are posted in the public forum anybody can see it even if they are not members and it will be posted all over the net. I love it that OCUK are going the extra mile for forum users even though they have no obligation to do so. I have said it before but I will say it again, this forum is a valuable asset with a hive of information and has to be amongst the best, if not the best computer forum on the net.

@Gibbo Are you able to give us a rough thime that the deal will be up please? Even stating morning or afternoon would be good.

Associate
@Gibbo the public deal - will the price be as good as the MM deals from last week? eg close to MSRP?

Only reason I didnt buy last week was because I didn't like those particular cards but no complaints on the pricing.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo the public deal - will the price be as good as the MM deals from last week? eg close to MSRP?

Only reason I didnt buy last week was because I didn't like those particular cards but no complaints on the pricing.

Todays card is an high-end OC model, so no its not possible to sell a product at or close to MSRP which cost us substancially more than MSRP I am afraid. The cheaper cards are shipped in very small amounts as manufacturers prefer shipping larger volumes on OC and high-end products because they make more money on said products.

Associate

It will be probably be a RX 6700 XT but a better model something like the GIGABYTE Definitely not a 3070 or 3060ti ,3080

Associate
That would be great because if the codes are posted in the public forum anybody can see it even if they are not members and it will be posted all over the net. I love it that OCUK are going the extra mile for forum users even though they have no obligation to do so. I have said it before but I will say it again, this forum is a valuable asset with a hive of information and has to be amongst the best, if not the best computer forum on the net.

That's a good point, I wonder (assuming they can't do the separate member section) if they if they could make it only visible to logged in users.

Associate
Here's hoping for the 6700xt's to be dropped. I don't need anything majorly fast like a 2090 or anything faster in AMD land, anything is faster than my (dead) 980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom