VPN required for streaming - Express VPN or Nord VPN?

Associate
Hi people,

I'm new to VPN's but I am emigrating to New Zealand at the end of next week and looking for a decent VPN to stream UK programmes etc on my iPad/Apple TV etc.

I've read quite a lot of review between the 2 and there isn't much in it but Nord VPN works out so much cheaper (you can get 3 years worth for about the same price as Express VPN @ 15 months).

What are everyone's opinions on the 2? I just want something that will work well and keep the missus happy for streaming stuff while we are over there.

Thanks a lot.

Soldato
I've just found out Relakk have died after months of being unable to connect and they suggested going with iPredator. Bit of a different approach to setup using OpenVPN but it seems to be working well so far.

Netflix doesn't work with it though.

I'd advise you find a trial of each and test them with the providers in case they are blocked :)

Soldato
BBC block PIA VPN in Cyprus so don't use PIA. I was gutted when I found out few days ago.

I think BBC block many VPN providers

Associate
Nord is terrible in my experience; really can't recommend against them strongly enough. BBC/iPlayer does block known VPN providers. If you're technically minded you could run a VPS like DigitalOcean for $5/month and have a proxy running on it.

Associate
YMMV but I run both. Nord works perfectly, and fast connecting to the UK on my PC and Laptop and I can watch iPlayer etc with no issues.
Nord doesn’t work that well on my phone so I tried Express and this too works again without issue and fast too.
I live in the ME so having both suits for each situation.

Soldato
Tried Nord but it was very unreliable for iPlayer. It would work for the first video after connection, but final after.

I would literally have to disconnect and reconnect the VPN for every video. Cancelled my sub.

Soldato
I use Express, never had a issue.

Didn't use it when i was living in NZ for a couple of years, just some pants free one that i had to keep changing servers.

Living there i found it better to download to the iplayer programmes in batches, not sure how well it would buffer.

They actually get quite a few things over there anyway.

Where abouts you heading?

Capodecina
Soldato
Have a look here => https://www.techradar.com/vpn/best-vpn

For what it is worth (1), NordVPN are offering a 68% Easter deal - TODAY ONLY!
For what it is worth (2), I believe that ProtonVPN have a "free" (but slow) version and most of them offer a one month free trial
For what it is worth (3), your IP address isn't the ONLY thing you need to hide your identity ;)

Incidentally, is there any way of installing a VPN on a domestic Modem/Router (e.g. from BT)?

Back
Top Bottom