*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Alyx was a bit of an impulse buy for me the night before launch, it's a good game and I enjoyed playing it but it's the last time I'll be paying £40 for a pc game, got my money's worth I guess but it just didn't feel "ground breaking" enough for me!

It's absoloute solid content for the money. 16 hours works out to £2.80 an hour, nevermind the years and years that went into it.

I don't think people see the bigger picture sometimes. £40 is buttons.

Associate
I usually wouldn't pay £40 for any game,b with alyx I feel it had to be purchased more to show the game developers that there is a market for AAA games in vr. We all want the great content to be created for vr, the only way that is going to happen is if the money is spent on the content

Soldato
very tempting, but reviews of kinguin arnt great, anyone on here used them, i guess for a quid its worth he risk ?

Well I have the game installed if that is any reassurance?

Using these settings in Link Debug:
- Pixels Per Display Pixel Override: 1.1
- Distortion Curvature: High
- Encode Resolution Width: 2352

The running the game in "High" and things are pretty good.

Last edited:
Associate
Used them loads of times no problem. Its another platform where you have sellers selling keys. Judge that as you will.

Bought FIFA 20, Rage 2 etc etc etc loads of games.

ALLKEYSHOP13 code gives you 13% off
ha ah 13% off a £1 worth a try , thanks for the confidence install :)

yep sold to me, thanks :)

code didnt work with dirt rally

but looked up half life alyx, listed as Half-Life: Alyx EU Steam Altergift with discount is £38 ooof tempting, i take it thats a key thats been gifted to someone?

Associate
Yeah I stay clear of Steam Gifts just in case but I have done a couple in the past no problem. That code is quite useful it works on all purchases.

yeah thanks for the heads up on the code,
I’m quite happy spending £20 odd incl the code on a game , but not sure on taking the chance with Alyx £38 is quite a gamble if it gets revoked
Looked for onward but no codes there all sold out :(

Associate

Using these settings in Link Debug:
- Pixels Per Display Pixel Override: 1.1
- Distortion Curvature: High
- Encode Resolution Width: 2352

The running the game in "High" and things are pretty good.

dont now if you can help, i have dirty rally installed, but it only plays in theatre mode, cannot get it to play in full VR, it launches thru the steam vr app in the headset but theatre mode is the only option i have ?

Soldato
dont now if you can help, i have dirty rally installed, but it only plays in theatre mode, cannot get it to play in full VR, it launches thru the steam vr app in the headset but theatre mode is the only option i have ?
Go to property of the game in Steam and untick theatre mode for VR?

Associate
Did you actually start a game, in the car on the track?

Asking because Dirt is one of those where the VR doesn't kick in till you jump in the car.

yeah there are games like that, assetto corsa is another one, and yep several times, it still is in theatre mode, and as above if i untick that as above then it doesnt connect to the hmd at all to play just on the pc desktop

Back
Top Bottom