*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks

Am going think about it..

I played it for some time sitting and it can definitely be done, but I did find I needed some space around me, just things like leaning across to open a drawer for example.

Remember steam have a great refund policy though, so nothing stopping you giving it a go and just refunding if you find it doesn't work well for you. It's an amazing experience so worth a try.

Soldato
I just ordered a quest 2 today can this game be played while sitting down at a desk ? or do you need to be standing up and waving yours arms around

As i don't really want to buy it and find out i wasted £28 on a game and don't have enough room to play it

You have to be connected to your PC, either through Virtual Desktop or a USB cable? I am sure you know, but, just double checking :)

It can be played sitting down, but have you enough place even to stand up and turn around? Then you have enough space to play standing up too.

If you are getting a VR headset, then Half Life Alyx is almost a must buy. And if you are any kind of fan of the original Half Life games, then it's a definite, must have game.

Soldato
You have to be connected to your PC, either through Virtual Desktop or a USB cable? I am sure you know, but, just double checking :)

It can be played sitting down, but have you enough place even to stand up and turn around? Then you have enough space to play standing up too.

If you are getting a VR headset, then Half Life Alyx is almost a must buy. And if you are any kind of fan of the original Half Life games, then it's a definite, must have game.
Yes I ordered 2 cables with it as well (3m & 5m cables), Am also hoping to try it wireless but i only got a crappy wireless router at the moment ..
If i enjoy the Quest 2 after i got it then i most likely order a faster & better router for it.

But am pretty tight on space :(

You can see i already own the first rift (CV1) but it doesn't work at all well as it says am to close to the sensors in the setup...Am praying the Quest 2 doesn't give me any of these setup issues

jba85HE.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes I ordered 2 cables with it as well (3m & 5m cables), Am also hoping to try it wireless but i only got a crappy wireless router at the moment ..
If i enjoy the Quest 2 after i got it then i most likely order a faster & better router for it.

But am pretty tight on space :(

You can see i already own the first rift (CV1) but it doesn't work at all well as it says am to close to the sensors in the setup...Am praying the Quest 2 doesn't give me any of these setup issues

jba85HE.jpg

Turn the Bed into your VR play space!! (I don't know how high your ceiling is) Even just to push the chair out of the way and sit on the bed when playing VR games. That will give you room to swing your arms and even lean forward if needed.

You won't have any issues with been too close to the sensors on the Quest 2. It's a much more versatile headset. You are not constricted by where the sensors are, only by the length of the cable. So, if the cable can reach out into the hall, maybe you might have more room there.

Soldato
Turn the Bed into your VR play space!! (I don't know how high your ceiling is) Even just to push the chair out of the way and sit on the bed when playing VR games. That will give you room to swing your arms and even lean forward if needed.

You won't have any issues with been too close to the sensors on the Quest 2. It's a much more versatile headset. You are not constricted by where the sensors are, only by the length of the cable. So, if the cable can reach out into the hall, maybe you might have more room there.
I got a bit more room at the end of the bed which is roughly 3ft x 5 1/2ft which may be a better space for using it
That Blue rug is 170cm x 120ccm

2I0FVwS.jpg

Soldato
I got a bit more room at the end of the bed which is roughly 3ft x 5 1/2ft which may be a better space for using it
That Blue rug is 170cm x 120ccm

2I0FVwS.jpg

That's a perfect space!! Before you play, throw a blanket on top of the hifi rack. To protect it and your hands, just in case.

But, that space is fine. You can stand up turn and swing your arms.

Associate
I've played standing in a space like that, I pointed myself at the bed so that if I hit anything it would be squidgy.

If you play a steam game seated and there's no option in game to alter your height then OVR advanced settings is an easy way to change the height offset. It's available on Steam and has many, many options, Most of which I've never looked at. I use it in Fallout 4 if I want to play seated and also be taller than a kitchen worktop in game.

Associate
That's a perfect space!! Before you play, throw a blanket on top of the hifi rack. To protect it and your hands, just in case.

But, that space is fine. You can stand up turn and swing your arms.

Perfect? I'd be smashing my hands off stuff all the time in that space.

Soldato
Perfect? I'd be smashing my hands off stuff all the time in that space.

My comment was just a little sarcastic exaggeration. Of course it's not the perfect play space, but compared to the original area that he planned to play, it's way, way better. He couldn't even really play sitting down in the previous photo.

Soldato
Yeah not sure if want to play standing in that space, but maybe seated on the bed facing the rug. Though as I said before, no reason not to at least try and just refund if it doesn't work out.

The only other reason not to get it is if you're scared of headcrabs jumping at your face, and that's quite understandable!!

Soldato
did this come in an email? I’ve had my quest almost 2 months now, thought they might have sent me a voucher by now?

They seem a bit random with their vouchers, I had a 20% voucher a couple of months after buying mine, where as some people seem to have got 30% vouchers. I also had a straight £7 off voucher a couple of months back. Both received as emails.

Associate
They seem a bit random with their vouchers, I had a 20% voucher a couple of months after buying mine, where as some people seem to have got 30% vouchers. I also had a straight £7 off voucher a couple of months back. Both received as emails.

thanks mate, I’ll keep my eyes open for one dropping in my inbox then.

Soldato
Cosmodread has launched on Steam and Oculus. It's the space sequel to Dreadhalls. Steam has 15% off making it £9.68

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1256060/Cosmodread/

If you liked Dreadhalls, Dead Space, System Shock, Alien Isolation and other scary games then this is for you.

It's a rogue-like where you have to escape a spaceship, exploring, opening doors, crafting items, fighting aliens and security systems, etc. It's randomised so it's different every time (within the constraints of using the same building blocks),

It is fairly basic in graphics (an indie title and it does show), but has oodles of atmosphere.

Be aware that on the Index at least it has a smooth loco bug where the view can suddenly snap, which is disorienting. Hope they fix that soon 'cause I can't keep playing while that happens, even though I think it's a great game.

Associate
The only other reason not to get it is if you're scared of headcrabs jumping at your face, and that's quite understandable!!

Headcrabs jumping at your face is a good thing. You can catch them, hold them up by the leg and shoot them in the teeth. Saves lots of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom