*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
It would be fantastic if you could walk around!!

Open to abuse though :p (those poor NPCs!! :D)

If you had a gaming laptop with a long lan cable, or a bloody long USB-C, or a long electrical extension cable and lan cable, you should be able to walk round static games.

Soldato
If you had a gaming laptop with a long lan cable, or a bloody long USB-C, or a long electrical extension cable and lan cable, you should be able to walk round static games.

You can't move in Star Trek Bridge Crew. I am playing Wirelessly on the Quest 2 so I am not limited by cables at all.

Soldato
I've told the crew not to fraternize, but they just don't listen. Court Martial's incoming!

haha, it's true, we don't listen!! :D

Oh, I have played a bit of Borderlands 2 VR. Very disappointed. They put zero effort in. Blatant cash grab. I thought Bethesda was bad with Skyrim VR, but Borderlands 2 is worse.

The controls are daft. They couldn't even get the crosshairs right and are you kidding me with the TV screen coming up in the middle of your display when you press the zoom button??

If I had bought it separately I would be returning it. But, as I have it now for good, I will give it a little more play time, but I can't see myself playing it for long.

Soldato
At least Skyrim VR has mods to make it into a proper VR game. BL2's basic gameplay is still pretty fun in VR, but you're right in that they really didn't make much effort. For a game based around guns, the gun handling is very poor indeed. No two handed grip, no proper zoom sights, and a fiddly UI with nonsensical buttons.

Soldato
got the 30% oculus store discount still to use - any recomendations for the Quest 2? i'll play pretty much anything apart from driving games or table tennis!
Is it quest store only discount or PCVR as well?

If quest the climb or roborecall are worth a look (both rift cross buys) or maybe beatsaber.

If PCVR then there are so many, Asgard's wrath, lone echo , stormlands etc

Soldato
haha, it's true, we don't listen!! :D

Oh, I have played a bit of Borderlands 2 VR. Very disappointed. They put zero effort in. Blatant cash grab. I thought Bethesda was bad with Skyrim VR, but Borderlands 2 is worse.

The controls are daft. They couldn't even get the crosshairs right and are you kidding me with the TV screen coming up in the middle of your display when you press the zoom button??

If I had bought it separately I would be returning it. But, as I have it now for good, I will give it a little more play time, but I can't see myself playing it for long.

I've been having a go at BL2 VR. I suggest turning off the crosshairs and just aiming by pointing/looking down the barrel. Also I found that changing the movement to "Walk + Jump" made it much more fun/less frustrating to play.

Soldato
I've been having a go at BL2 VR. I suggest turning off the crosshairs and just aiming by pointing/looking down the barrel. Also I found that changing the movement to "Walk + Jump" made it much more fun/less frustrating to play.

Cheers Mate :) Turning off the crosshair was the first thing I done. And a short time later I enabled the walk and jump. Teleporting around was a no go.

don't know if you have tried Skyrim VR yet? But, in that game I feel like I am in Skyrim. Combat is way better because it's more real. Whereas in Borderlands 2 VR, it's like I am watching the game. It's a weird disconnect between you and the world. Because of this combat is terrible. There isn't any sense of urgency. Bullymongs jumping at me should be scary or at least cause some panic, but no nothing. When you melee there is no sense of hitting anything, same with shooting.

I just did the first few missions, so maybe It will take a little longer for me to get into it.

Back
Top Bottom