VR - Horror, Scary and Jumpy Titles

Soldato
Hey All,

I could only find one other review thread on scary / horror VR titles which is from way back in 2016, things have moved on a lot since then with many more VR devices and titles are now available.

Lets get a list together of your scariest VR moments and recommendations and what platform they are available on.

- Alien Isolation - not native but VR added through 3rd party patch (PCVR)
- Face your Fears - series of experiences some quite jumpy (PCVR and Portable)
- Affected The Manor - creepy experience (PCVR and Portable)
- Dreadhalls - intense dungeon experience (PCVR)
- Ghost Town Mine Ride - horror game (PCVR)
- Paranormal Activity Lost Soul- horror game (PCVR and PSVR)
- Transference - horror game (PCVR and PSVR)
- Five Nights At Freddy - horror game (PCVR, PSVR and Portable)
- Layers of Fear - horror game (PCVR and Portable)

Let me know and I will update the main list :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ahh yes I forgot about Dreadhalls, bit vomit inducing if you not got your VR legs :D

Ghost town mine ride is a new one for me, will check it out.

Associate
Depends, on PSVR Resident Evil 7 was a bit creepy, nothing too intense and the resolution doesn't do it the justice it deserves though.

For a fun horror Until Dawn Rush of Blood is excellent, just don't get it if you have arachnophobia!

Soldato
Skyrim's tombs and dungeons can be quite scary in VR, especially with mods that make the lighting more realistic and update the graphics.

Soldato
I'm fairly new to VR and I'm a bit surprised by the lack of full on quality games in the horror space. Sure theres a few here and there, but the platform is ideal for this genre and it's sad to see not many devs have committed to making that full experiance

Back
Top Bottom