VR meet ups and events

Soldato
just curious but how many of you us it for virtual meetups and events?
theres a few different apps for its, and using the teather option for quest give desktop options also.

things like:
Bigscreen
vrchat
altspace
ect

Soldato
If the WaveVR has something big going on, I want to be there.

Bigscreen is great, offers up the best 3D film viewing available. Just wish the payed films were available in the UK, and they'd get more studios onboard.

Soldato
I play rec-room occasionally. Don't really use VR much for socializing these days, even though I know it's really good for that.
One of the big reasons is Oculus has locked most of its social features via a Facebook account, so I can't friend new people when on the Oculus platform.

I have a big collection of 3D movies that I've converted myself for use in VR. Would be great to watch some of those socially. I normally use Skybox on the Go to watch 3D movies, as it's great to chill out in bed watching a 3D movie whilst appearing to be in a huge theatre, and the Go's screen is really sharp.

I tried watching movies on the Index but the glare is awful.

Permabanned
Love Skybox. The classic Cinema room, with the lighting down to it's lowest, and the way the movie's light flickers around the virtual cinema, amazing. On my Rift S, I plug in a pair of decent headphones to the Rift, the head-strap's audio isn't very good for movie watching. I remember watching the movie "A Quiet Place" back in January, late at night, lights off, headphones on, really into the movie, and my dog brushed past my legs - I nearly **** myself.

Back
Top Bottom