1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W10 Documents Folder

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by foreright, 5 Sep 2019.

1. foreright

Gangster

I know the Easy Access Documents folder in W10 accesses C:\Users\My Documents. But is it possible to have additional locations too.
    Using W7, I was able to right click Documents and under the location tab, select additional locations. When view I was able to see eg. C:\Users & D:\Invoices for example. On both of my machines running W10, I don't seem to have that option.
    Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong. Has the option changed and/or is there an alternative. Thanks.

2. Glanza

Capodecina

On 10 I believe you can only point it to one location, I have my Downloads folder on my D:\ drive and have no option to add another location.

3. foreright

Gangster

I now realise in W7 those quick access folders were know as Libraries which under W10 they aren't. Perhaps that's the difference.

4. ALD

Gangster

How can I enable Libraries in Windows 10 Explorer?
    Enabling Libraries in Windows 10
    To enable Libraries in Windows 10 File Explorer, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer
    • Instead of Home, go to This PC
    • In the left panel, right-click the empty space to open the context menu.
    • Check the Libraries item
    The Libraries item will now appear in the Navigation panel.

5. Scort

Mobster

I believe the Windows 10 equivalent is "Quick Access" - if you right click whatever folder you wish to add, and Pin it to quick access - it ought to show when you right click on the Explorer tile on the taskbar :)

6. foreright

Gangster

Yes you're all right. I can either create libraries or just add the folder to quick access and pin it. Many thanks for info.