W810 MP3 / MP4 tags

Soldato
After taking receipt of my shiny new W810 on Tuesday I thought I'd load it up with music this Easter weekend in order to listen to it at work next week. Unfortunately I'm finding it somewhat tricky to get it to browse the music files I put onto it by Artist -> Album.

I'm using properly-tagged MP4s and MP3s and copying them straight onto the memory card using a normal card reader. They play fine, but are only found in Unknown Artist -> Unknown Album despite having both Artist and Album tags.

Does anyone with a W810 or, for that matter, a W800 have any ideas how to get this to work? It's going to be a pain sorting through 100s of tracks individually or making a load of playlists rather than using the tags which are already there :)

arty

Permabanned
arty said:
After taking receipt of my shiny new W810 on Tuesday I thought I'd load it up with music this Easter weekend in order to listen to it at work next week. Unfortunately I'm finding it somewhat tricky to get it to browse the music files I put onto it by Artist -> Album.

I'm using properly-tagged MP4s and MP3s and copying them straight onto the memory card using a normal card reader. They play fine, but are only found in Unknown Artist -> Unknown Album despite having both Artist and Album tags.

Does anyone with a W810 or, for that matter, a W800 have any ideas how to get this to work? It's going to be a pain sorting through 100s of tracks individually or making a load of playlists rather than using the tags which are already there :)

arty

Use the audio software that comes on the cd and transfer the tracks using the usb cable:)

Soldato
OV3RCLOCK3R said:
Use the audio software that comes on the cd and transfer the tracks using the usb cable:)

yep what he said, use disc2phone on the supplied CD and it will convert to bitrate wanted and transfer to the correct directory, be aware though that transfer is incredibly slow.

Soldato
OP
OV3RCLOCK3R said:

No, I'd rather not - it doesn't read Musepack files that I'm transcoding from. I've now got a single track to show up correctly by forcing its tag to ID3v1, but I'd rather use ID3v2.3. MP4s / AACs have their own tagging format, so as far as I know there's nothing to go wrong with there.

Does anyone have any links to the spec of the Walkman MP3 player on these phones? All I need to know is what is supported and what isn't :)

arty

Soldato
OP
Lead_Head said:
You seem to be going about it in an awfully awkward way. Just use the software. Make a brew, come back and it's done?!

Nah, it's a lot easier to just copy a load of files over using Explorer than it is to install some dodgy piece of software just to do the same thing. I've already got the tools to transcode set up, if needed, so all I need to do is select all the albums I want to listen to in foobar, transcode any not in MP3 / MP4 format (most of mine are Musepack as I said) then copy them over in Explorer. Dead easy :)

EDIT - Hmm, weird - I've got it to recognise MP4 tags by renaming the files to .m4a. Unfortunately it still seems to ignore the track numbers, meaning that albums won't play in order. Does anyone know what the name of the track number tag the Walkman player is looking for is?

arty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom