W900i

Associate
Soldato
xsnv said:
Ok now i'm confused. Is the w900i gonna be out this year on 3 or isn't it? Matt if you work for se and haven't distributed any w900i's yet howcome airax played with one today?

Is the new se in the pipeline gonna be the p990i?

Btw is dosen't say coming soon on their website anymore

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1&zone=pp&lm=pp

well if it was a black one I'd take a guess at european or maybe an eval model.. uk is white and voda only till next year.

Associate
matt100 said:
well if it was a black one I'd take a guess at european or maybe an eval model.. uk is white and voda only till next year.

Not an evaluation model. Its a full retail one. Its for general sale now, retailers should have them for sale now. Full UK charger, etc, etc in the box. Its not a convert either as far as I can see (Convert is a European one being bundled with UK stuff).
Far as I can see its a proper UK one. Any how does it matter, since they are available to buy, were both arguing over a silly point. You can buy it now. If you want white, has to be Voda.

Associate
Airax said:
Not an evaluation model. Its a full retail one. Its for general sale now, retailers should have them for sale now. Full UK charger, etc, etc in the box. Its not a convert either as far as I can see (Convert is a European one being bundled with UK stuff).
Far as I can see its a proper UK one. Any how does it matter, since they are available to buy, were both arguing over a silly point. You can buy it now. If you want white, has to be Voda.

Where are they available to buy?

Soldato
ok firstly I didn't think we were arguing? certainly not wanting to so apologies if it came across that way..

never heard of mobile fun but expansys I know from experience often sell euro kit (as proved when I bought a 910 off them before I started at SE and it came with a french manual and a euro plug) they're totally allowed to and its not a pan european voda exclusive although I understand the white is.

I'm a national account manager for SE so it's sort of my business to know whats being sold where etc and the last I heard was its a voda exclusive in the uk until early 06 and the only one you'll see in stores (I stress stores not online shops who can do what they want) will be this white voda one..

the acid test for me for it being officially on sale is go find it in a carphone warehouse.. you won't, because the white voda model isn't available yet. Also Dataselect who are one of the biggest suppliers/disties (and trust me they'll sell to anyone) haven't had their first shipment because my account buys from them (as do carphone, they also run the voda webshop) and we haven't even got a price yet.. got to say £500+ suprises me too :eek:

Associate
matt100 said:
ok firstly I didn't think we were arguing? certainly not wanting to so apologies if it came across that way..

No worries, great thing about the internet is you loose all context. Don't worry about it.

matt100 said:
never heard of mobile fun but expansys I know from experience often sell euro kit (as proved when I bought a 910 off them before I started at SE and it came with a french manual and a euro plug) they're totally allowed to and its not a pan european voda exclusive although I understand the white is.

I know about converts, grey stock, etc, etc. This as far as I can see definitly isn't. It UK stock as far as I'm able to tell.
matt100 said:
I'm a national account manager for SE so it's sort of my business to know whats being sold where etc and the last I heard was its a voda exclusive in the uk until early 06 and the only one you'll see in stores (I stress stores not online shops who can do what they want) will be this white voda one..

the acid test for me for it being officially on sale is go find it in a carphone warehouse.. you won't, because the white voda model isn't available yet. Also Dataselect who are one of the biggest suppliers/disties (and trust me they'll sell to anyone) haven't had their first shipment because my account buys from them (as do carphone, they also run the voda webshop) and we haven't even got a price yet.. got to say £500+ suprises me too :eek:

Dataselect are pretty big, not the biggest (think 20:20 & Dangaard have that title). But there is another large distruber who is selling them. Your right about highstreet stores selling handsets, but they are often also tied down by volume, speed and other criteria, which means online retailers can move quicker. Not all high street retailer stock is UK stock either. Look at CPW and their Samsung phones recently (they were importing a lot of stock). I know the Link do the same, and P4U have done so in the past.

Any way this discussion is probably OTT to this thread. If you wanna know more, e-mail me though.

Associate
It's on the voda website now.....( any other reviews apart from mobile-review) and is it out on any other network before christmas?

Soldato
W900i Is out now at voda! Its such a nice phone I want one, but I bought a 903 only a month ago so i cant justify it :(

its really nice though, the w800 is a lot smaller, but so is the screen, the w900 isnt so big when you open it up, its not a bad size.

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
I had a play with one of these at the Vodafone store in the Bullring over the weekend.

Was well impressed so ordered one online when i got back home, hopefully should come sometime this week :)

Soldato
I ordered one of these from mobile fun, then they email me and said they're out of stock, will be in to 7-10 days.

So, im thinking about ordering from this place called theorder.co.uk, never heard of it, is it an ok site?

Or are there any other decent phone shops

I need a sim free one

Soldato
tang0 said:
I ordered one of these from mobile fun, then they email me and said they're out of stock, will be in to 7-10 days.

So, im thinking about ordering from this place called theorder.co.uk, never heard of it, is it an ok site?

Or are there any other decent phone shops

I need a sim free one

www.expansys.co.uk I've bought loads from these guts, very reputable.

Soldato
I got mine today, not allowed to open it before christmas though :p

I ordered it from mobile fun first, they then got back to me saying it wont be in for another 7-10 days, so i replied at 1pm in afternoon to say cancel my order thinking there would be enough time for it to cancel before they have any in stock.

I then order it from this other place, then mobile fun email to say its been dispatched !!

So don't order from mobile fun unless you want your emails ignored.

:/

Associate
played with one at the voda store 2day....have to say my first impressions weren't so good. The phone didn't feel solid and the opening mechanism just feels too gimicky, especially the fact that you have to turn it upside down before you open it. And why on earth do vodafone ruin all their phones with their crap menu icons...

Soldato
it hardly ruins the phone lol!

I have to disagree with you there, the W900 feels way more solid than even the K750i and feels much more substantial and better made. As for the swivellyness, well, I suppose thats personal preference.

Associate
So what do people think of this phone then, im going to be coming from a nokia 3410 and want a really cracker phone, getting new one this week and have my eye on the W900i.

Back
Top Bottom