W900i

Associate
Moobert said:
So what do people think of this phone then, im going to be coming from a nokia 3410 and want a really cracker phone, getting new one this week and have my eye on the W900i.

Bluntly, it doesn't matter in a way as it will blow you away. From a 3410, its a big leap, so you'll gain so much. Have to get used to SE texting style though.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
i agree initially i felt the 900 felt "plasticky" compared to the S700, but i actually think the locking mechanism is just different.

Have to say the more i use it the more i like it. Yeah its bulky, yeah its voda branded, but it is funky

Associate
Just got my w900i there, my contract doesnt start to the 5th of jan, so ill have a bit of a play around with it before my contract starts. Need to get a few games for it tho, free ones would be nice.

Associate
OP
yeah i got mine yesterday, im really chuffed with it. cant wait to be at the football and checking my coupon with sky soccer saturday with jeff stelling on sky sports news! Back of the net lol

Listen to the other scottish games with the radio aswell :D

any software recommended for this phone guys?
need a few free games and themes aswell.

Cheers :cool:

Associate
Am well chuffed with the phone, picture quality is quite good and i like the extra storage compared to other phones. My gig mem card has been whacked in and now i dont see myself changing this phone for a while.

Associate
Considering that Sony Ericsson already make the unbranded version for release outside the UK, I think it should be available very soon after the Voda exclusive deal finishes. I believe it will be sometime Feb/March from what I've heard.

But Orange sometimes take ages to customize the software for themselves so you might find it being available on O2 before it's out on Orange. O2 are generally happy to give you the generic handset, but only large-scale phone shops like CPW and P4U out of the retails shops will be willing to give you a non-Orange branded handset with an Orange contract (Nokia 8800 is a good example)

Soldato
jesus! at last!

finally got mine today.. black one which is nice but they insisted on flashing it with the voda software which has managed to crash 3 times already :mad:

Jury out at the moment.. I think I'm mostly looking forwards to my w810, had a play with one today and maaaaaaaan thats nice.

Soldato
Did you specify you wanted the black one, or is that just what they sent? I didn't know that the black one was actually out under Vodafone?

Pics!!

Soldato
it didn't get sent, I grabbed it from the office. I work for sony ericsson (hence a bit irritated its not a generic gsm one). Pics in a mo...

Last edited:
Soldato
DSC00553.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

thats a funsize mars bar by the way ;)

Associate
matt100 said:
jesus! at last!

finally got mine today.. black one which is nice but they insisted on flashing it with the voda software which has managed to crash 3 times already :mad:

Jury out at the moment.. I think I'm mostly looking forwards to my w810, had a play with one today and maaaaaaaan thats nice.

Slightly ot, but do you have any idea when the W810 will become available, as i've decided its either the W810 or the W900.

Back
Top Bottom