Wait for 3000 series or go for 2080ti

Associate
Hi,

Im sure lots of people are in this situation, like every 2 years when the gpu series are updated. I just want to know peoples opinions.

I've just upgraded to the i9-10900k with 32 gb 3200hz ram, new mo-bo and the rest of the trimmings, im currently running a 1080ti and haven't invested in the 2080ti as i am aware the 3000 series are on the horizon.

What would everyone else do?

Hold out for the new series without knowing a release date or just invest in the 2080ti?

thanks in advance.

Associate
I'd wait. Doesn't make sense to me to upgrade so close to the end of this generations cycle, especially when you have a very decent (still top end) card already to keep you going.

New cards are expected before the end of the year

Caporegime
If it's still performing well enough for you I'd keep the 1080Ti. It's a gem of a GPU. However, if you're still intending on buying something new and shiny then you may as well wait.

Associate
Depends how long you are prepared to wait
How many gpu paper launches have we seen over the years
Yeah they may release on X date
But trying to get ones a different matter

Even still, £1k+ for around a 25% performance increase doesn't seem like a great value proposition

Associate
No its not great
But a grand to some people is pocket change lol
So a lot depends on your circumstances
If I was a millionaire dropping a grand for 25% increase would be easy

true, but in that case it's unlikely a millionaire would be a asking on a forum whether or not to upgrade to a top end card almost two years after its release :p

Back
Top Bottom