Wait for 30x GPU Laptops?

Soldato
I've ordered it from the states. Works out around 2800 delivered with all import fees

That price sounds reasonable for the spec.
I’d probably forgive it’s looks if I could get one with that spec at that price.
I think the only thing that puts me off is spending so much on an import - what if the display has a lot of light bleed or severe ips glow? I imagine returns would be tricky.

Soldato
@Loki When will the ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733QS-XS98Q be coming to the UK, and will it be priced less than £3500? (This is the price of the 1080p model).

Id prefer not import it but if you can import for 2800 that may be the way to go.

This seems to be the best spec laptop available at present.

Soldato
I just can't see them being that huge a leap over the ryzens that are out at the moment. The new alienware is not avaliable in the UK yet either which is a bit meh
I’m really happy that AMD have started to make a come back. I would be happy with either. My feeling is the i9 will be notably faster but who knows until then.

Associate
I won't be going for an i9 this refresh. My 8950hk was awful. 95 -100 degrees in the alienware. And I tried re pasting and new pads loads of times. But it was still awful.

I'm sure this is going to be a decent upgrade over a 1080 and 8950hk tho. It did me well still for 2 years

Soldato
Have you seen the hilarious price tho
As a current Alienware owner price is definitely on the higher side however I have found the build quality to be higher and you tend to get the best of the components available such as the top version of the 3080 in this case. However I am pleased there are such a great range of laptops to choose from with so many competitors on the market.

Associate
As a current Alienware owner price is definitely on the higher side however I have found the build quality to be higher and you tend to get the best of the components available such as the top version of the 3080 in this case. However I am pleased there are such a great range of laptops to choose from with so many competitors on the market.
I have and alienware at the moment. its got the i9 8950hk and 1080 with the 1440p screen.

the options avaliable this time are not all that. no 1440 screen for a start gets me and also no AMD option. the 3080 is the 150w option in the 17 right? i know the strix scar is 135 + 15

Soldato
@Loki When will the ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 be coming to the UK, and will it be priced less than £3500? (This is the price of the 1080p model).

Id prefer not import it but if you can import for 2800 that may be the way to go.

This seems to be the best spec laptop available at present.

I spoke to OcUK about this and they will have their own special edition model coming very similar to the model you mentioned. Main difference will be on the HDD where it has 2x 1TB rather than a single 1TB.

I will know next week when we will start shipping this model.

Associate
I spoke to OcUK about this and they will have their own special edition model coming very similar to the model you mentioned. Main difference will be on the HDD where it has 2x 1TB rather than a single 1TB.

I will know next week when we will start shipping this model.

is there a reason it is so much more expensive in the uk than it is in the states?

Back
Top Bottom