Wait for gaming laptops with 30.....

Associate
So, I've been out the PC hardware loop for about 5 years, trying to keep my toe in but not fully versed.
I bought a MSI GL62m 7RDX about 2 years ago that I'm going to give to my daughter. Want to get a new gaming laptop to play allsorts and plug into my oled via 4k60 Mini DP.
Is a 2060 much better or is it worth waiting for a 3060, want to keep price at £1200 if i can.

Do we know when 3000 series gaming laptops will be coming?

*Money isn't really an object but I can't do a desktop due to....reasons.....and I'm trying to be sensible, i don't need a total beast laptop.

Love my MSI so I'd buy that again if it had a better gpu and cpu

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not sure we will see Ampere mobile until 7nm production of the chips - some suggestion that it won't be before April 2021 at the earliest.

Man of Honour
GPUs are always the issue :( the i7 and 16GB in my laptop has held up well but the GTX675m long ago ran out of puff (the version in this laptop is basically a Fermi core and equivalent to the desktop GTX560ti/570 if you overclock the VRAM).

Personally I'd buy the best GPU you can afford now - or something that has a solid upgrade path which is rare with laptops.

Associate
I reckon we will see 3000 series cards announced in laptops at CES in January with availability around March/April. I hope so anyways as I'll be in the market to replace my aging gtx1080 laptop

Back
Top Bottom