1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Waitin for my 555 to arrive

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by rippling, 7 Jun 2010.

1. rippling

Mobster

Ordered a phenom 555 and hope to unlock it also ordered corsair water cooler what's the max overclock of these chips thanks

2. IKMS

Hitman

555BE? Good luck unlocking the cores. You can get a 555BE to 4GHz and beyond.

3. rippling

Mobster

Yeah BE one thanks I take it my cooler will help overclock it ?

4. IKMS

Hitman

What cooler is it? And yes, any aftermarket cooler will take heat away better than the stock cooler so it will help overclock.

5. HeX

Capodecina

Will clock lovely on a H50. H50 easily handles my X6, so will have no trouble with just 2 cores :)

6. chipps101

Mobster

good luck with the unlock, i have a 550be and a sempron 140 that have both unlocked so are now a phenom 2 x4 b50 and an athlon x2 440e.
    my b50 sits happily as a 3.2 quad on stock volts but the zalman 8700 i have on it can't go much higher so not clocked it further.
    if it does unlock you will need to use speedfan (cpu is generally temp 2) to monitor temps as once unlocked coretemp doesn't work and as soon as you change the multiplier cool and quiet switches of also, so i tend to just run my b50 as a 3.1 quad :)

Last edited: 7 Jun 2010