• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Waiting for the RTX 3090

Associate
So i decided, when the RTX 2080ti came out not to upgrade from my GTX 1080ti as I felt the performance increase was not worth the price.

however i am now considering the RTX 3090 as the rumours look favourable.

my current pc is showing its age and just looking at what will be best to upgrade is going the 3090 route.

Current mobo and cpu is x99 and i7-5820, 32gb ram but cant remember the spec

i would have thought upgrading mobo, cpu, ram and probably the power supply will be in order.

PC is used for sim games only, Assetto Corsa Competition, rFactor 2, Project Cars 2 and a few others. I am running triple monitors, 32” 1440p, 144hz (main reason for wanting the 3090)

So do i stay with intel of go amd. Whichever route which spec Intel/AMD should i be looking at. Again depending on CPU what ram should i be looking at

Soldato
What FPS can you get with ACC and what detail/opponent number level?

people struggle to get over 90fps on ACC due to CPU limitations with high opponent levels. It seems that Intel is still the best cpu for ACC.

Permabanned
I nearly always get the second most expensive! So I suspect I will get a 3080. Dunno, we will see. It very much depends on the performance difference between the 3080 and the 3090.

Soldato
3090 is a 4k card. Fair enough if you plan on upgrading to 4k later on but overkill for 1440p.

Wait for reviews to find out what the best 1440p cards are. I repeat, wait for reviews and watch them. Watch a lot of them. You can't possibly decide on a card before reviews are out.

I wouldn't even buy headphones without seeing the review. I even watch case reviews before I buy.

Soldato
I would wait until both Nvidia and AMD have revealed their hands... Even if you don't want to buy an AMD GPU you should wait cause it might cause prices to come down or better options to enter the market if they are competitive enough. Just silly to buy on launch day and get milked :).

Soldato
So i decided, when the RTX 2080ti came out not to upgrade from my GTX 1080ti as I felt the performance increase was not worth the price.

however i am now considering the RTX 3090 as the rumours look favourable.

my current pc is showing its age and just looking at what will be best to upgrade is going the 3090 route.

Current mobo and cpu is x99 and i7-5820, 32gb ram but cant remember the spec

i would have thought upgrading mobo, cpu, ram and probably the power supply will be in order.

PC is used for sim games only, Assetto Corsa Competition, rFactor 2, Project Cars 2 and a few others. I am running triple monitors, 32” 1440p, 144hz (main reason for wanting the 3090)

So do i stay with intel of go amd. Whichever route which spec Intel/AMD should i be looking at. Again depending on CPU what ram should i be looking at
How much are you prepared to pay for 3090?

Associate
I'm also on X99 and prepping for a new build. I'm going to wait at least until Ryzen 4000 AND RDNA2 AND the new consoles launch as well as Ampere BEFORE making a decision. Jumping now when so much could change regarding improved performance, prices and competition in the next four months seems a fools errand. If I were you I'd do the same otherwise you may well have buyers remorse given you've already waited so long as so many momentous developments seem about to happen.

Back
Top Bottom