WandaVision

V_R

V_R

Soldato

Welcome to WandaVision. Coming soon to Disney+. Marvel Studios' captivating new series "WandaVision" stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, and marks the first series from Marvel Studios streaming exclusively on Disney+. The series is a blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision—two super-powered beings living idealized suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.

Soldato
I realise today after reading a backlog of comics just how much of a dirty they did to scarlett witch in the movies.
She's a central plot point in a lot of marvel events with real all encompassing power and they kind of don't do anything with her in the movies. She just ends up being just 'another super hero'.

I think this shows going to end up being pretty marmite to viewers but good that disney are prepared to do something a bit off the wall.

Soldato
I realise today after reading a backlog of comics just how much of a dirty they did to scarlett witch in the movies.
She's a central plot point in a lot of marvel events with real all encompassing power and they kind of don't do anything with her in the movies. She just ends up being just 'another super hero'.

This is because when she was introduced, MCU weren't allowed to alude to any of their characters as being mutants, this was firmly owned by the Fox camp. As such she became a sort of B list background hero created due to infinity stones shenanigans.

Shame because as you said, she is a major player in the comics, especially considering her father.

Soldato
This is because when she was introduced, MCU weren't allowed to alude to any of their characters as being mutants, this was firmly owned by the Fox camp. As such she became a sort of B list background hero created due to infinity stones shenanigans.

Shame because as you said, she is a major player in the comics, especially considering her father.

There was some serious talk a while back about making SW much more central to the MCU because the audience likes Elisabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch much more than they like Brie Larson's Captain Marvel.

Soldato
There was some serious talk a while back about making SW much more central to the MCU because the audience likes Elisabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch much more than they like Brie Larson's Captain Marvel.
That seems sensible. Brie Larson's Captain Marvel has been a thoroughly unlikable character thus far. Would be happy if they binned the character for Scarlet Witch's promotion. I think someone said she will feature in the next Doctor Strange movie.

Back
Top Bottom