WandaVision

Man of Honour
Well that was an exceptionally dull 9 episode story, so much promise and yet it didn't deliver on any of it. All those fan theories and not a single one panned out. 5.5/10 for the series and that's being generous

What more were you expecting?

I thought they wrapped up pretty well and planted enough seeds for future MCU plot lines. As for fan theories, well there were hundreds so there was always going to be disappointment at the end, several theories proved to be correct (even two from the top of the page).

Soldato
speculation out of control these days

so many theories / videos / reddits etc get themselves hyped up and its difficult for the producers to meet it

the cgi magicy stuff was a bit cheese
really liked the vision logic conversation with himself
good enough ending to the series plot overall
good that they made wanda an actual character / superhero type now proper costume as well :D
Quicksilver just being some bloke joke was funny but gonna annoy lots of people lol

BUT the episode was a bit disjointed? like sword bloke turns up and tries to shoot kids and Rambeau stops it (cheesey) then Darcy rams his car then she disappears = all a bit sloppy I thought?

Soldato
What more were you expecting?

I thought they wrapped up pretty well and planted enough seeds for future MCU plot lines. As for fan theories, well there were hundreds so there was always going to be disappointment at the end, several theories proved to be correct (even two from the top of the page).
An actual direct tie into strange 2 instead of a bunch of 'maybe' this is how.

What was I expecting? How about
  • Introduction of mutants
  • Dr Strange cameo, as this was again supposed to be a jumping off point for phase 4 and strange 2 is kicking that off. Instead you get a dull new character for cm2
  • A resolution of some of the plot points introduced would also have been nice, who was the missing person?
For a start

They would have been off spending the 200 - 250 million this cost on 4 hour long tighter episodes that had a point and maybe progressed the mcu

Soldato
On an emotional level it worked if not a bit messed up with the controlling aspect. Though how they conveniently wrapped it up with the transfer wasn't great.

Dunno after 8 episodes of general chat , I wasn't expecting most of this ep to just be a massive fight scene..

The Evan Peters troll move was disappointing. So much potential thrown away for a cheap gag.

The shows fine but the quality is a bit all over the place.

Man of Honour
An actual direct tie into strange 2 instead of a bunch of 'maybe' this is how.

What was I expecting? How about
  • Introduction of mutants
  • Dr Strange cameo, as this was again supposed to be a jumping off point for phase 4 and strange 2 is kicking that off. Instead you get a dull new character for cm2
  • A resolution of some of the plot points introduced would also have been nice, who was the missing person?
For a start

They would have been off spending the 200 - 250 million this cost on 4 hour long tighter episodes that had a point and maybe progressed the mcu

Photon is definitely not dull, she's going to be awesome in the MCU. Definitely agree Strange should have been in it though, given this was meant to be some kind of set up for the next Strange film

Caporegime
I think it was a solid but unspectacular finale. I think it was a bit too 'big' because of the budget and perhaps should have been a bit tighter. Loved the new costume though.

Caporegime
I wont lie that last episode was, to me, completely naff compared to the previous 8.

It was pretty hard for me to follow lots of flying about fighting firing smoke bombs and vision beam lazers.

Then it ended and i guess it was good but i feel like it missed a trick or 2 but at the same time i don't think it was ever meant to be more than just what it was...

Why was rambo(eau) absorbing bullets and glowing eyes? What on earth did i miss?

Associate
The show had no right to be as good as it was.

Absolutely blown away by that final episode.

Thank you Marvel. I had my reservations in whether the momentum could be kept up after Endgame and through the most trying of circumstances we were starved of your content. I should never have worried. You came back and have delivered once again in the highest of fashion.

What a start to Phase 4.

Soldato
I wont lie that last episode was, to me, completely naff compared to the previous 8.

It was pretty hard for me to follow lots of flying about fighting firing smoke bombs and vision beam lazers.

Then it ended and i guess it was good but i feel like it missed a trick or 2 but at the same time i don't think it was ever meant to be more than just what it was...

Why was rambo(eau) absorbing bullets and glowing eyes? What on earth did i miss?
when she reentered the hex she started to show abilities, glowing eyes and that superhero landing. The hex altered her dna. In the comics I believe she gets the name Photon.

Caporegime
when she reentered the hex she started to show abilities, glowing eyes and that superhero landing. The hex altered her dna. In the comics I believe she gets the name Photon.

Which was all explained in the show if @Efour had been paying a modicum of attention.

The only bad thing is she barely reacted to having powers all of a sudden in episode 7

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Relatively average 2.5 hour marvel B-hero movie stretched across 9 episodes of which at least 4 were completely avoidable. I know, I know, many of you want to believe it was a "set up", but no - an entire episode of Olsen trying her best to channel Lucille Ball is not a set up, at the start of the third decade of the twenty first century running this kind of **** for more than one scene is simply a torture. The series end with crazy amount of plot holes and spell-within-a-spell open end in post credits, voiding most of the stuff we endured for the first half of the season, if not the entire season. Decent watch, but it's definitely not for me, will never be back for more again.

Soldato
I seem to be on the other end. Thought it was a poor ending compared to a fantastic start. Just seem to get a bit random and a lot of the build up was just fizzed out.

As always tho Olsen and Paul are fantastic together.

Soldato
Well that was an exceptionally dull 9 episode story, so much promise and yet it didn't deliver on any of it. All those fan theories and not a single one panned out. 5.5/10 for the series and that's being generous

Think you must have watched an episode of Downton or something - the episode of Wandavision i watched was the complete opposite of dull.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the whole series from start to finish. I think Olsen and Bethany were great and it was good to see more of their relationship.
Honestly the only downside was Rambeau another dull unlikeable and no doubt over powered character we didn’t need.
I think it was a brave and novel way to deliver a decent story.

Back
Top Bottom