WandaVision

Soldato
IMO that's because the 'real' antagonist was Wanda's past and the loss she was feeling.

I guess that's probably the main focus of the story in that there's the moral question that maybe Wanda is the villian of the piece.

Don't get me wrong as I liked the show. I still think they could have done more around the role the antagonist though and interwoven it better with the plotline.

Associate
I guess that's probably the main focus of the story in that there's the moral question that maybe Wanda is the villian of the piece.

Don't get me wrong as I liked the show. I still think they could have done more around the role the antagonist though and interwoven it better with the plotline.

I feel like its way more of an interesting focus.

It's so simple for the heroes just to punch/blast their way through the villain, but what happens when someone with the power to crush Thanos by herself or to remake the fabric of reality comes up against a problem she cannot truly ever defeat?

In 9 episodes, how much time really do we want to spend on developing a villian's backstory when all it needs to be is a framing device for the above? The villain is relatively meaningless compared to the challenge Wanda was facing. She'll look back 20 years later and struggle to remember that fight, but will remember the darker side of what she did forever.

..... that being said, okay fine in an ideal world who wouldn't want the plot lines to be even stronger? :p

Soldato
I feel like its way more of an interesting focus.

It's so simple for the heroes just to punch/blast their way through the villain, but what happens when someone with the power to crush Thanos by herself or to remake the fabric of reality comes up against a problem she cannot truly ever defeat?

In 9 episodes, how much time really do we want to spend on developing a villian's backstory when all it needs to be is a framing device for the above? The villain is relatively meaningless compared to the challenge Wanda was facing. She'll look back 20 years later and struggle to remember that fight, but will remember the darker side of what she did forever.

I agree. I'd have liked to have seen more consideration of the implicaions of Wanda effectively enslaving an entire town. That's where I felt the final episode fell down. It shuld have been less of an empty CGI punch/blast fest with an antagonist/villan we largely don't really know or care about or have any attachement to. More focus on Wanda, and her morally dubious actions, could have made for a more satisying and thought provoking conclusion.

Soldato
She felt the spell being cast and wanted to find out who had that power. When she realised Wanda had the raw power but no training to resist her she tried to take it for herself. The motivation and context was there.

OK, there are reasons but she largely appeared with no backstory out of nowhere. Her moritvation for doing so was to try and "steal" Wanda's power which seems a bit trite and assumes that's stealing someone's superpowers is a feasible everyday thing to do. Don't get me wrong I like the show but that aspect seemed like pretty ropey scriptwriting!

Caporegime
OK, there are reasons but she largely appeared with no backstory out of nowhere. Her moritvation for doing so was to try and "steal" Wanda's power which seems a bit trite and assumes that's stealing someone's superpowers is a feasible everyday thing to do. Don't get me wrong I like the show but that aspect seemed like pretty ropey scriptwriting!

What are you talking about, we literally saw her backstory where she sucked the power dry from her coven. It's literally a thing she had already done.

Soldato
It wasn't suspect at all. People were guessing she was Agatha from the moment she appeared.

Those familiar with the comics and characters knew who she was and her back story. But then again there was a scene in the episode giving her back story. She was a powerful witch already that has the ability to steal other watches powers, those that she believe aren't utilising them to their full potential or worthy of them. It was all there laid out to see.

Soldato
Just finished watching the series and thought it was actually really good and quite emotional. Nice to see the ramifications of the Infinity War actually been carried through (and on Falcon and the Winter Soldier too).
My son actually asked why Wanda wasn't going to prison as she walked through town in the last episode and I had to point out that was the whole point. Nothing could contain her if she chose for it not to.
Loved the little jokes about her on/off accent and Quicksilver's facial change. "Hehe, boner."

Soldato
There's a few posts in here and I don't want to spoil the end as I've got 1.5 episodes left. I'm just popping in to say I'm ashamed to say it's taken me 7 episodes to realise its called Wanda vision because its Wanda and vision:p.

Back
Top Bottom