WandaVision

Soldato
I have watched the 1st EP and really struggled with it, i am not at all into that era of US TV or comedy style, but will give the next EP a go in a bit

Soldato
From September -

I like both actors and both characters so, despite the oddity factor and my rapidly waning excitement for the MCU post EndGame, I'll give it ago.

Well I gave it a go and, other than seeing more of Elizabeth Olsen, it didn't grab my attention in the slightest. In fact it feels so "flat and lifeless" so far in both script & direction that, if it hadn't involved the Avengers cast, I'd not have watched more than 15 minutes. I think I'll let the rest of the series arrive before watching any-more, just in case it does get drastically better but the current format just feels a bit dead.

Soldato
Well I gave it a go and, other than seeing more of Elizabeth Olsen, it didn't grab my attention in the slightest. In fact it feels so "flat and lifeless" so far in both script & direction that, if it hadn't involved the Avengers cast, I'd not have watched more than 15 minutes. I think I'll let the rest of the series arrive before watching any-more, just in case it does get drastically better but the current format just feels a bit dead.

AFAICT, they spend the first two episodes (which to be fair were only 30 mins each, but still that's an hour) doing nothing but setup, with little progression. That's not going to grab anyone. I fear this is going to be like so many of these shows where they have ten episodes which are too short for a series, and too long for a movie, so you end up with a movie length story dragged out across a series which works out to between 5 and 8 hours, a lot of which is just filler.

Why are so many of these writers so bad? Do they not understand the material, do they really hate the fans?

Associate
Just watched the first two, if your easily bored without special effects and explosions then dont bother - however...
This is all currently just setup but its blinking well nuts, both Bettny and Olsen hitting it out of the park considering what is hapenning.

This is going to be a slow cooker but with a corker of a payoff i think.

Soldato
Just watched the first two, if your easily bored without special effects and explosions then dont bother - however...
This is all currently just setup but its blinking well nuts, both Bettny and Olsen hitting it out of the park considering what is hapenning.

I'll wait for you to watch it all first then:D.

Soldato

We're 1 hour in already with under 2 mins of "hmmm, something isn't right" setup so far. I'm not particularly after big CGI effects and explosions, but give me something to go "wow, that looks/sounds interesting, I best hang around to see what happens next" rather than just 2 min of info with 58min of filler please. I mean just 10 mins of "plot" vs 50 mins of "filler" would do.

Back
Top Bottom