WandaVision

Soldato
I rewatched all episodes of Buffy just recently. Lol..
We watched them all again about 4-5 years ago (me and the mrs), as neither of us had sky when living at home when it was on in early 2000's. We hadn't realised there was a fifth series till we rematch due to what was shown on (I think) BBC originally.

Back on track, is wandavision child safe? Doesn't it have a 12 rating?

Associate
We watched them all again about 4-5 years ago (me and the mrs), as neither of us had sky when living at home when it was on in early 2000's. We hadn't realised there was a fifth series till we rematch due to what was shown on (I think) BBC originally.

Back on track, is wandavision child safe? Doesn't it have a 12 rating?

I'd rate the first couple of episodes as almost U rated.

Soldato
OK I've watched quite a few marvel films with them (4 and 7), but I didn't watch infinity war or endgame as they seemed a bit more violent. Might give it a go with them.
When you play them in the Disney app it comes up with 6+ in the corner. Not sure if that will change across the episodes though.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Another one with no idea what's going on or where it's going. I get the feeling it's full of hints and only at the end it will be high yeah :)

Looks like they had a lot of fun making it though.

Associate
one of the reviews i watched that had early access to the first 3 said you get a bit more by the end of the 3rd episode which I am hoping for, as its not currently at the top of my list to watch at the moment. fingers crossed its a slow burner

Soldato
I think its an interesting premise but to be honest the first couple of episodes were pretty tedious affairs.

I think that the little nods to Hydra etc are misdirection. I think that Wanda was so distraught over losing Vision that she has unconsciously created her own reality for her to live her life with Vision. Someone on the outside only sees that she is in some sort of unconscious state that they cannot wake her. They are trying to enter her mind somehow to find out who is doing this to her and to free her, not realising that she is actually doing it to herself. She is more powerful than anyone realised and can create/manipulate realities with the ability only unlocked with her huge emotional grief.

Soldato
Well today's was good. Clearly a Brady Bunch vibe from the intro and set as it was like like mirrored version of the Brady set.

Also some interesting goings on by the end.

Soldato
Most of episode 3 was dire. It finally picked up in the last 5 mins which means I'll continue watching because I know there will be an ongoing story that will overlap into other shows at some point.

Soldato
Starts to get interesting at the end of EP3, I hope they leave all the early american sitcom nonsense out going forward. Felt like a total waste of time watching the first 2 it could have been compressed in 1 slightly longer pilot.

Soldato
I've really enjoyed the build up and now we are starting to see the world fall apart. The little hints that someone is watching and then the reveal in the last 5 mins was brilliantly done.

Caporegime
Two really boring episodes followed by a not so boring episode. I'm going to stick with it but I can see them losing a load of viewers pretty quickly.

Also, first episode was only 30 minutes long and at least 8 of those were the intro and credits. Even worse than The Mandalorian.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I don't know what you're watching guys, but to me episode 3 was exactly the same as the first two. 98% of over the top sitcom dross followed by ~2 minutes of something we would actually all want to watch.

Would we lose anything (and I mean - anything at all, character development, plot, story, you name it) by not watching episode 1 and 2 and just starting at episode 3? No.

We are now 90 minutes in, 1/3rd into the season. Have the plot progressed in any way since the start? By about 3 minutes, only due to the end of episodes 'real world' cliffhanger scenes.

At that pace the viewer will have to go through 4.5 hours of bizarre, excruciating, tacky stuff for 10 minutes of plot reveal. No, I'm out.

Soldato
You'll probably find that when the main story kicks in to high gear that these first episodes will make a lot more sense and there will have been a reason for it.

I love things that build to a climax. Most people now seem to just want action and less of a good story build up. Suspense is what keeps you going. Not just throwing it all in your face.

Back
Top Bottom