Want to build a AMD PC with future Upgradeability

Associate
/Hi,

I have been out of this scene for so long now I really need assistance.

I would like to build an AMD Mini ITX PC (for now)

The basis will be a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G for now. This being with all the necessary parts to cope with this. The long term goal will be to use the same Motherboard (M.2 drive a must 2 if possible for epic raid 0 perf) but for now just a low capacity ssd and PSU (and as many components as possible) to cope with a large upgrade in the future i.e. ryzen 7 and a standalone GPU (Vega for that oh so free FreeSync). Basically a cheap system for now with the back bone to be able to be upgraded for i don't have to replace all the components.

My main questions are what would this build look like, How much? and the main goal is upgradability when the funds allow. P.S. Yes i want to game on it but the main game i want to play is Sega's Two Point Hospital which runs on my i3 3110m intel 4000 igpu so i am not asking for much @ 800,600 at the lowest setting at around 30fps lol yes fps at a resolution that was ok in the 1990's.

Please wow me. Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah the budget. It would be as cheap as possible but definitely under £500.

had to go over and no easy way to avoid as if you do, you'll end up spending down the cash! i.e..... PSU is a solid 650w unit to handle 90% of GPU upgrades, basic one is £40 for a decent one so might as well take the hit now then spend £115 instead of £160 + GPU Upgrade.
16GB of ram 3200hz since its cheaper then 3000hz , you've only got 2 dimm slots, havent gotten far into Two Point and sure it'll run fine on 8GB normally BUT the APU uses the ram as well as the system, along with mods that most likely you'll install and they will come, and hopefully add value and life into the game . Take the upfront now getting 16gb instead of buying 8 then having to buy 16GB later .

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £562.16 (includes shipping: £12.30)

currently game on 2700x + GT 710..... waiting for next gen and manage 1080p LOW! you should manage this on low but must faster frame rates then myself​

Soldato
Can fit a full size ATX power supply in the above case, would be able to save a little money over the SFX power supply

ah true, 140mm short ATX like Focus unit or antec , and should be able to pull off full length cards

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £527.20 (includes shipping: £12.30)

as seen here

http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/cases/cougar-qbx-case-review/

Back
Top Bottom