Want to get a toy dog probably a Maltese

Soldato
Ok I have decided im going to get a dog, I live in an apartment however there is a park in front, I have very short working hours at uni and I run my business from home mostly or my girlfriend is at home and I can afford to take care of it.

I fell in love with a Maltese around the corner so I am looking for one of them. Should I get a boy or girl? Anything I should know about this dog?

I would rather give a home to an adult however I don’t think I will find one and I want this specific breed.

pic of one here
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Pupppppy.jpg

Soldato
Paras said:
Ok I have decided im going to get a dog, I live in an apartment however there is a park in front, I have very short working hours at uni and I run my business from home mostly or my girlfriend is at home and I can afford to take care of it.

I fell in love with a Maltese around the corner so I am looking for one of them. Should I get a boy or girl? Anything I should know about this dog?

I would rather give a home to an adult however I don’t think I will find one and I want this specific breed.

pic of one here
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Pupppppy.jpg

Is it gonna be used as a ladee magnet? :p

Soldato
OP
Lost-Prophet said:
Is it gonna be used as a ladee magnet? :p

lol that’s what I used my ex’s dog for however unfortunately I have a girlfriend and she is probably the last one I will have ;)

but really if you have a small cute dog you have no idea how many girls you can get with it.

Soldato
OP
Nozzer said:
:/

If you want a toy dog, get an Aibo. You aren't Paris Hilton.

Are you?

By saying toy dog I was just Referring to something small.

I wanted something that does not shed much and something small because I live in a apartment in the city.

I really like Beagle's however I cant have a Short haired dog

Soldato
Due to wanting a low/non shedder I think you are going to be limited with apartment suited dogs. The following would probably fit your needs:-

Bichon Frise
Belgian Griffons
Shih-Tzu
Toy Poodle
Maltese
Chinese Crested
Bolognese

Out of the above we have had a Bichon Frise and a couple of Shih-Tzu as family dogs and if you can get past the whole 'girly' dog image then both can make great pets.

Associate
Just read your thread out to the GF and she said if you want a laydeee magnet you should get a lab but upon showing her the picture she replied "awwww oh yes that'll do the trick" :D

I have a lab/dalmation cross who is clumsy as they come but lovely all the same. But she picked the misus when we were looking for a adoptee

Personally I'd love a Siberian Husky, a manly dog that you can get lots of laydees with some of these

032503pups.jpg

Soldato
6thElement said:
Rat on a rope, can't stand small pointless dogs.

ditto. Small dogs tend to be really vicious and ratty (Paris Hilton's dog..). I remember seeing this real macho man in the park walking his dog, and it was a white poodle all done up with bows :eek: . What an odd couple!

Back
Top Bottom