1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to get out the UK. Recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdladUK, 6 Jun 2010.

1. AdladUK

Wise Guy

I really want to move out the UK (have done for a long time). I don't think it particularly has any more or less problems than other places, but it's never been in my heart to stay here.

About a year ago I moved to Spain (near Marbella). Stayed for 6 months and the cost of living in relation to its state of development is ridiculous and in quite a lot of respects the place is even more boring than the UK.

If I could move to the US tomorrow, I would. That is without a doubt the number one place I would love to go. There's so much more choice and variety when it comes to finding a place to live over there, but alas, getting a visa seems to be a total pain in the butt. You can stay for 3 months on the waiver program, but what good is that?

I make my living online, so I only need a broadband connection and can operate from any where in the World. I have no particular commitments (children etc) and I'm 25. In respects to savings I have about £15,000.

I was thinking of going to Canada for 6 months, then moving down to the US for 3, then perhaps to Costa Rica or the Caribbean. It would be a ton of moving around and hassle though.

So has any one got any recommendations please? I would be very grateful to hear them, as at the moment I feel totally stuck :(

Cheers guys :p

2. HarryPainful

PermaBanned

The grass is always greener.

3. lazer46

Hitman

What work do you do?

4. KiTBoH

Hitman

Don't move to Bulgaria. It sucks :D

5. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Internet Marketing

6. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Yeah dude, that wasn't some where that had entered my mind :p

7. lazer46

Hitman

Waw, what does that involve then?

8. stulid

Capo Crimine

Amsterdam for various reasons

9. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Not much of a drugs person. Certainly wouldn't move to a country just for that reason. Plus I heard their red light district is pretty rubbish these days

10. nydryl

Mobster

That's such a boring attitude. At least he is giving himself the opportunity to see if this holds true for himself.

11. soundb0y

Mobster

Wont know til you try it!

12. Scuzi

Man of Honour

And quite often the grass actually is greener.

13. Kraven

Gangster

Snap me to.

If it is the same as mine it would be placement of ads on search engines and driving traffic to sites, through pay per click and search engine optimisation. I work in London though.

14. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Well you'll never know until you try it. There's no reward without risk.

15. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Thanks man

I know the UK isn't THAT bad and in certain respects has a lot going for it... But on the other hand I strongly believe there are much more exciting things going on in the World and better places to be. Either way I feel as though I'm just wasting away on this island

haha :p

16. AdladUK

Wise Guy

*high five*

17. Kraven

Gangster

Out of curiosity do you work freelance? I to want to leave the UK and move to America but hoping I can do that through the media company I work for as trying to get there any other way seems almost impossible.

18. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Yep. I answer to no one but myself :D

Not sure that's always a good thing though

19. MikeHunt79

Capodecina

If you don't mind the cold, Canada is a good shout. :)

20. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Yeah I was thinking Vancouver (British Columbia). Although I could only stay for 6 months and as far as I know immigration in Canada can be even tougher than the US