• Yes

Votes: 275 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 124 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Voted Yes. The UN has always been a load of rubbish anyway.

Each nation with a veto (including us) can hold the others to ransom for any reason it wants. That's no basis or foundation for committing or not committing your country's armed forces IMHO.

Soldato
Originally posted by ToastedCheese
The UN can NOT continue in it's current form. It is ludicrous that small dictarships have actual power to influence votes on such issues as Iraq, Israel or whatever just because by some coincidence they are on the general UN council at that time (it cycles periodically through all the UN member nations).

The argument that the UN should be obeyed because nothing exists that is better doesn't constitute a strong case in my book!

i would take a differnt view....they shoul get rid of the veto, so that a single large nation cannot impose their will on the world (e.g. US vetos on israel)

no need to try and use france as an example for those of you about to, France, Russia and China do not consitute a minority. the fact the the second resolution was not even tabled shows the lack of support it had.

Associate
Originally posted by MAD_BANDIT
i would take a differnt view....they shoul get rid of the veto, so that a single large nation cannot impose their will on the world (e.g. US vetos on israel)

I agree, hence my original point:

The UN can NOT continue in it's current form.

A body 'like' the UN is obviously a good thing, it just needs a complete overhaul. Which frankly isn't going to happen any time soon, sadly. :(

Soldato
Originally posted by ToastedCheese
A body 'like' the UN is obviously a good thing, it just needs a complete overhaul. Which frankly isn't going to happen any time soon, sadly. :( [/B]

agreed.

the idea that the UK/US or any other nation can if it wants to stop an agreement that every other nation wants is just crazy...

Associate
Originally posted by Garp
92 votes 72% in favour...

haven't you heard, the public don't want war :rolleyes: the majority seem to, i've only ever seen "no" polls by certain media sources

my answer: yes.

Man of Honour
OP
Why do people think the UN will always make the 'right' decision? They are just as capable of making stupid decisions as anyone else.

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by [TW]Fox
Why do people think the UN will always make the 'right' decision? They are just as capable of making stupid decisions as anyone else.

Becuase its difficult to get 5 countries all being stupid at once. We've got 2 but we aint listening.

Permabanned
Voted no.. the large yes majority doesn't surprise me at all and says a lot about the make up of the people on this forum; luckily it isn't representative of the real world.

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by dirtydog
Voted no.. the large yes majority doesn't surprise me at all and says a lot about the make up of the people on this forum; luckily it isn't representative of the real world.

Wonder how many folks on this forum have voted in a General election?

Associate

I blame it on computer games warping our minds. As I know I always ignore diplomacy when playing Civilisation...I go straight for the weaponsofmassdestruction :D

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Custor
Becuase its difficult to get 5 countries all being stupid at once. We've got 2 but we aint listening.

United Kingdom, United States, Spain, Australia, Poland.

I count 5.

Man of Honour
OP
Voted no.. the large yes majority doesn't surprise me at all and says a lot about the make up of the people on this forum;

What does it say?

luckily it isn't representative of the real world.

'lucky'? Is this a case of 'oh nos1111 people dont agree with me! im so lucky that outside the forums people do'?

Custor

C

Custor

Veto.

Predominatly male age group 15-25 having the same voting patterns as the general public?

Soldato

/awaits hysterical flaming........

:D

if i was a conspiricist...i would link this to the large majoirty in favour of the war on polls onb sky.

Sky = american sitcoms
IT = complete microsoft/american monoploy.
:eek:

Soldato
Originally posted by Fusion
Noooo course not he just murdered thousands of Kurds in the 1980's with poisonous gas.

that we supplied him with.

oh and the americans.

oh and the french

oh and the americans bombed the veitnamese, and practically has taken over the middling south/central american countries.

oh and the americans have publically declared that they will use nukes 'pre-emptivly'

oh and the americans have not signed up to the internation war crimes tribulnal

oh and...the list goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom