• Yes

Votes: 275 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 124 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
the UN is a waste of space, corrupt, idealogically flawed institution..

why on earth the allies of WW2 have some 'right' 50 years on to be on the UNSC5 is beyond me..

china and russia are not credible countries in my view.. and the french are not far behind..

the fact that some people on this board and the public have such faith in the UN is scary..

im all for 'unilateral action' (even though it isnt, there are countless countries behind the US/UK on Iraq), because the UN's "will" is the collective self interest of the worlds tinpot dictators and other vile regimes..

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by dirtydog
95% male, lots of children, mainly right-wing, with limited experience of the real world.

I think you'll find:

a) Yes, the male statement is correct
b) There are no children in this thread
c) There are very few postings from children in other war related threads
d) You've managed to work out that anyone who wants a war is right wing? Whoa...
e) Limited experience of the real world? Just who are you to judge that from a simple Yes/No poll?

iam

iam

Permabanned
Voted no.. the large yes majority doesn't surprise me at all and says a lot about the make up of the people on this forum; luckily it isn't representative of the real world.

Thats not true.

It just depends where you ask.

I'm a bit shocked at the results of the poll to be honest - where are all you people when I'm fighting off the 20 or so avid anti-war people in various threads? :D

Soldato
Originally posted by MAD_BANDIT
oh and the americans have publically declared that they will use nukes 'pre-emptivly'

oh and the americans have not signed up to the internation war crimes tribulnal

But do they kill their own people?

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by [TW]Fox

b) There are no children in this thread

e) Limited experience of the real world? Just who are you to judge that from a simple Yes/No poll?

b) 16 year olds are children.
c) Because of the age group. Apart from taliesyn whos an old bugger. Well just about older and that whats counts ;)

Americans concentrate on killing everyone else. Regardless.

Associate
Voted YES!

But I also think no too!

Yes as SadMan Hussain is a lunatic, and needs to be taken out, and it may also decrease the number of migrants from IRAQ region, seek sactury in the UK.

No, because Britain could spend OUR money in better ways, a harsh reality is that innocent families are going to face deaths. Britain could see VAST amounts of IRAQies imagrate here during a war, and NOT go back.

But personally, I think Sadman (or Sadam which ever you prefer) should be taken out as a massage to other dictators, and if possible the troops should move onto North Korea, and then Frace :p

Soldato
I am 17 and am extremely mature from my age , just frustrated.Does that say the same for the majority of Sky viewers ? hmm , kids...yeah :rolleyes:

These are 'real' views , and whether you like it or not , people actually follow these beliefs.Just because these views aren't inline with your views of 'no war' doesn't give you a damn right to judge people like that.I can only hope that i don't finish growing mentally and end up so judgemental as you.

Associate
Yes.

Incidentally the results closely mirror the sky news poll:

skypoll.jpg

Obviously the BBC one must be rubbish :p

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by Robert
I am 17 and am extremely mature from my age , just frustrated.Does that say the same for the majority of Sky viewers ? hmm , kids...yeah :rolleyes:

These are 'real' views , and whether you like it or not , people actually follow these beliefs.Just because these views aren't inline with your views of 'no war' doesn't give you a damn right to judge people like that.I can only hope that i don't finish growing mentally and end up so judgemental as you.

The observation was made of the whole forum against the general public. It was not about the YES voters.

Its now too easy to put the boot in, I must resiiiisssssst

Soldato
Originally posted by Custor
The observation was made of the whole forum against the general public. It was not about the YES voters.

Its now too easy to put the boot in, I must resiiiisssssst

Please do :rolleyes:

i was commenting on Dirtydog's post which was clearly aimed as this vote...

Permabanned
Originally posted by Robert
I take that as extremely offensive :mad:

patronising :mad:

No offence but I did laugh at your remark. "I'm extremely mature for my age" - even though you say so yourself, you mean :D Very modest of you :o

This is not aimed at you or anyone in particular (if the cap fits anyone though, feel free to wear it) but there do seem to be a lot of immature people on this forum.. not limited to those under 17 either.

Soldato
wel, i voted a VERY firm NO! im sorry... but apart from my own views of war, this is economic SUICIDE on our part!!

WHY is every1 forgetting that ok, we could win a war in a matter of weeks, BUT its going to take YEARS and BILLIONS in investment to remake the coutry(s) we destroy. And we have just turned our back on every one of our allies other than the US! Whats to stop the US doing EXACTLY what it did after the last two world wars... say "thanks very much.... now go away please" now if im not mistaken - that leaves us with no one. All of our trade routes would be severly damaged with anywhere in the eastern hemisphere, and our closest neighbours really rnt gonna like us after this :( (Germany, france etc)

plus, as has been said before, waht does it matter to an iraqi civilian if the bullet that kills them has a UK or US mark on it or one of their own county? Its still killed them.

There are better ways that the warmonger Bush and the lapdog Blair wont even look at or consider (even though his own cabinet and a good chunk of the British public... o AND most of the rest of the world are telling them to)

im sooo angry at this is unbeilevable

o and b4 some1 says to me "shut up u tree hugging hippy" I havent marched newhere and IF this was UN sanctioned and proof had been found (becuase lets face it. what we currently have is propaganda and propaganda only, in terms of a threat to us) then i would fully agree - invade. But none of the above has happened, this will go down in histry as one of the atrocities of man..... :mad:

Soldato
No offence but I did laugh at your remark. "I'm extremely mature for my age" - even though you say so yourself, you mean :D Very modest of you :o

This is not aimed at you or anyone in particular (if the cap fits anyone though, feel free to wear it) but there do seem to be a lot of immature people on this forum.. not limited to those under 17 either.

I apologise.I hate patronising remarks , even when their meant in jest.I have said i am mature due to my general personality in the 'real' world.

Man of Honour
OP

Are 78% of Sky News viewers immature as well? Or are you going to have to face up to the fact that your view is no longer held b the majority?

Soldato
Originally posted by manic_man
wel, i voted a VERY firm NO! im sorry... but apart from my own views of war, this is economic SUICIDE on our part!!

<SNIP>

o and b4 some1 says to me "shut up u tree hugging hippy" I havent marched newhere and IF this was UN sanctioned and proof had been found (becuase lets face it. what we currently have is propaganda and propaganda only, in terms of a threat to us) then i would fully agree - invade. But none of the above has happened, this will go down in histry as one of the atrocities of man..... :mad:

So what you're effectively saying is that it's OK to commit economic suicide if the UN says it's alright, but not otherwise :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom