Warhammer Warcry

Soldato
OP
Went to whw Open day and this was the big thing today. Lots of demo games available and it looks good fun. One of our group has preordered. £75 online. Good for quick games.
I was originally only going to get the starter box, but I also found it for £75 online (and a quick email confirmed they had enough stock planned to cover my pre-order) so I got the Cypher Lords as well. Fingers crossed by the time it gets here, I'll actually be in a position to do some painting!

Soldato
Well eventually got a game tonight but it ended up being Iron Golems v Nighthaunt as we were pressed for time.

Played my lad and the game is really fast and straightforward to pick up, on the face of it really simple, but I can imagine it being quite tactically deep. We had a 3 turn scenario which felt a little odd as by the end of turn 3 we hadn't really had a lot of combat and the Rnd2 reinforcements (which were required by the scenario) literally got a single attack. We added a fourth round which felt a little better, it wouldn't have suffered from a fifth.

All in all though fun game, going to put together the Untamed Beasts and have another game tomorrow night.

Soldato
Had another game this morning, again good fun, just two minor complaints from my end.

The scenery is glue to assemble not push to fit and it's big, chunky scenery as well so after assembly the bigger parts will be a PITA to transport which is a little frustrating. Secondly, you need character sheets to work out warband prices (normally aiming for 1k) but they don't give you any, just one printed onto the last page of the core book. With the amount of expense a pad with 10-100 sheets you could tear off and use would cost nothing and be well received.

All in all though this will quickly become a gaming staple in my house and pre-ordered The Unmade to add a little more variety to the game.

Soldato
OP
Got all of the main terrain pieces assembled - now it's time to paint them or do some of the minis!
I was thinking of a sandstone style colour for them - makes good sense to me; Zandri Dust spray, liberal Agrax Earthshade, Screaming Skull drybrush.

Associate
Would you recommand this to someone who has never played warhammer before? I really like to look of it, and this could be good starting point.

Back
Top Bottom