Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Saw this tonight. Didn't hate it didn't love it
I think time travel as solution is a cop out, especially with how easy Iron man achieved the impossible.

Caporegime
Saw this tonight. Didn't hate it didn't love it
I think time travel as solution is a cop out, especially with how easy Iron man achieved the impossible.

the alternative is...

Captain Marvel joins the team, they figure out where Thanos is, found him still with the glove and stones and defeats him easily with Denver on their side now and snap everyone back and both Black widow and Stark doesn’t die.

The End after 20mins :D

Soldato
The ending of the film where iron man has all of the stones in his gauntlet but survives long enough to not only use it, but also to have a chat afterwards. The film also forgot what happened in the first guardians of the galaxy film where if you hold an infinity stone, you will die. Quill is half celestial which was the reason he didn't die when handling the power stone and Thanos henchmen even says that most beings couldn't survive more than 1 stone unless truly powerful.

However Tony just stands there with all 6 of them instead of getting instantly vaporised. Poor choice of character for the glove imo. Should have been Thor due to hulk already being wounded from using it before.

Caporegime
The ending of the film where iron man has all of the stones in his gauntlet but survives long enough to not only use it, but also to have a chat afterwards. The film also forgot what happened in the first guardians of the galaxy film where if you hold an infinity stone, you will die. Quill is half celestial which was the reason he didn't die when handling the power stone and Thanos henchmen even says that most beings couldn't survive more than 1 stone unless truly powerful.

However Tony just stands there with all 6 of them instead of getting instantly vaporised. Poor choice of character for the glove imo. Should have been Thor due to hulk already being wounded from using it before.

Holding them directly, and them being on some weird nanotech protective Iron-man gauntlet isn't the same thing.

You are correct that he didn't react to the stones power flowing through them, as Thanos and The Hulk had done.....but then that kinda ruins the surprise reveal that he had transferred them.

The snap absolutely killed him to the point that I think "And I am....Iron Man" was his last bit of dialogue you could make out.

Caporegime

Remember when Quill first stole it? he took it to a shop for it to be valued?

Soldato
Does this then end the overall movies making a big story arch? Do we just get individual movies though where the Avengers are no more?

Caporegime
Does this then end the overall movies making a big story arch? Do we just get individual movies though where the Avengers are no more?

Spiderman: Far from Home is the last of the 'Phase 3' movies.

Phase 4 is very undefined, but will be a combination of TV (Disney+) and movies. GOTG 3 will shoot in 2020, other movies we are likely to see are Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and obviously the Black Widow movie, which everyone is guessing is a prequel before Nat joined SHIELD.

Soldato
Spiderman: Far from Home is the last of the 'Phase 3' movies.

Phase 4 is very undefined, but will be a combination of TV (Disney+) and movies. GOTG 3 will shoot in 2020, other movies we are likely to see are Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and obviously the Black Widow movie, which everyone is guessing is a prequel before Nat joined SHIELD.
I wonder if Foxs buy out has thrown it up a little, they now have access to a lot more characters that were sadly, rather butched by them. Can they do it again even with the huge big story arch?..I dont know what is meant to come after Thanos as an overall threat.

Soldato
I wonder if Foxs buy out has thrown it up a little, they now have access to a lot more characters that were sadly, rather butched by them. Can they do it again even with the huge big story arch?..I dont know what is meant to come after Thanos as an overall threat.

They have access to the best Marvel villain ever, Dr Doom which would also likely mean we get introduced to the Fantastic 4 too, who hopefully Marvel can actually get right after Foxes 2 failed attempts, not to mention I hope we'll see an improvement in the X-Men too

Caporegime
They have access to the best Marvel villain ever, Dr Doom which would also likely mean we get introduced to the Fantastic 4 too, who hopefully Marvel can actually get right after Foxes 2 failed attempts, not to mention I hope we'll see an improvement in the X-Men too

(I know nothing of the comics)

What makes Dr Doom great? What makes Thanos great is how you can relate to his motive and his story and the whole 22 movies arc is quite straight forward - Get all 6 stones.

If Dr Doom is like all the other villans where they have power and want to conquer then its a bit boring.

Soldato
So in theory, Stark or anyone, can wear that glove forever and not be hurt unless they use the power of the stones.

I would say no, after a while the power of the stones would essentially burn through the glove, you see it when Hulk puts the glove on and when Thanos adds stones to his gauntlet originally, the power going through the nanotech would fraggle it eventually where as actually using the stones really hurts, hence Tony taking the hit when he snaps..

I'm not sure how well the rest of the films will do once Phase4 hits, The Avengers films have always been big hitters and the little cameo's elsewher ehelped, but now you have essentially lost the best 2 of the original Avengers IMHO they'll be taking a lot of that star power with them..

Caporegime
I would say no, after a while the power of the stones would essentially burn through the glove, you see it when Hulk puts the glove on and when Thanos adds stones to his gauntlet originally, the power going through the nanotech would fraggle it eventually where as actually using the stones really hurts, hence Tony taking the hit when he snaps..

I'm not sure how well the rest of the films will do once Phase4 hits, The Avengers films have always been big hitters and the little cameo's elsewher ehelped, but now you have essentially lost the best 2 of the original Avengers IMHO they'll be taking a lot of that star power with them..

Captain Marvel and and Black Panther both did over a billion dollars without the big hitters.

Associate
To put it simply he's great because he's the best written villain in the comics

https://www.vulture.com/2017/06/why-marvels-doctor-doom-is-the-best-supervillain.html

The issue is that many written villians inside the comics are far harder to translate to the screen.

Is Doom so great without his history that was developed over such a long period of time? Would that boastful attitude that is so well deserved in the comics, really work on a first film basis? Would that be more comedic or insidious when done? Especially when their plans are foiled (as all film villians will in their first appearances)?

If they do Doom (and I'm sure they will), they need time to develop them properly, first as a true rival to any hero or team he faces without being laughed at or taken as a joke, and then why he is superior and such a danger, and that may not be an easy task to do since that requires time to demonstrate. And can you do this as part of an origin film WITH the Fantastic Four? Likely not in the first film, since you need to establish THEM first - to make them credible heroes, so the villian becomes a credible villian, otherwise all you have is another rehash of the first set of Fantastic Four films, or Magneto in the (Fo)X-Men movies, which has become so diluted now, that Magneto can't be seen as a major threat despite being one in comics.

If it were me, I'd go:

Fantastic Four solo film with minor ties to MCU, to establish the Fantastic Four.
Fantastic Four sequel, with a rival "Hero" to foil a greater enemy (akin to Spider-Man I guess), Fantastic Four wins, but it is shown that this rival "Hero" (Doom) has also succeeded in what they were after. Strengthening both whilst foiling a greater enemy without diminishing either side.
Then use Doom in a rival "Hero" capacity in another film (almost cameo) doing the same. This establishes that Doom is a major threat and game changer on Earth for many players. You can now use Doom as required.

That's three films to setup Doom properly in my head. And I'm not sure the MCU will be willing to take that long to do that.

Back
Top Bottom