Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Associate
Always such a false record to claim because of inflation. Gone with the Wind is never going to be beaten in a fair comparison.

The thing is, there's so much more than just simply inflation to take into account, which itself isn't a really solid foundation to work off either. And with numerous re-releases over the years, Gone With The Winds numbers can't be taken fully at face value either. But I don't mind having a separate number for it with inflation if people want (even when it's not truly level of the field, but it gets close enough). Just like I don't mind having short records like what Endgame has achieved.

To be honest, I'd rather Endgame have the topspot over Cameron's Avatar or Titanic, not because they're not great films (they are to me, personally, terrible films; others like them), but because Cameron has become too pompous in these latter years and decided to poo-poo the Comic crowd a while back. And not just that, also his big headedness in the belief that what they create will be better. Looking at the new Terminator and the loss of the Box Office crown, is perfect comeuppance.

Man of Honour
Resurrecting this of the back of a conversation I had today with a colleague which effectively: "watched this with my kids (aged 7-10) after the past few marvel films we'd watched together and it was brilliant, it was so cute, there was this bit where all the women joined together to fight everyone and my daughter went nuts with excitement - jumping up and down. Wouldn't stop talking about it before bed and wouldn't stop at breakfast, talking about the female superheroes and how awesome they were, what she liked about them etc".

I know how we all hated it, but.... d'awwwwwww :D

Caporegime
Resurrecting this of the back of a conversation I had today with a colleague which effectively: "watched this with my kids (aged 7-10) after the past few marvel films we'd watched together and it was brilliant, it was so cute, there was this bit where all the women joined together to fight everyone and my daughter went nuts with excitement - jumping up and down. Wouldn't stop talking about it before bed and wouldn't stop at breakfast, talking about the female superheroes and how awesome they were, what she liked about them etc".

I know how we all hated it, but.... d'awwwwwww :D

It's only because it's new, it hasn't happened much so it feels alien and throw in certain people's faces due to everything that's happened in the last few years, that's the only reason people are bothered.

For youngens I can see why it would look different.

P.S: mental film to show a 7 year old surely lol...

Soldato
Finally seen it now it's available to rent. Good visuals and action watched on big projector screen, so no complaints on that front. Fulfilled my requirements of a brain-off popcorn movie for a couple hours. I didn't watch Captain Marvel beforehand so was missing a bit there.

It did really highlight what a weak villain Thanos is though. He's neither a hate figure, nor a sympathetic one, he's just this big purple generic antagonist, could have swapped him our for an angry Morph and it would have been just as good. The whole 'snap' thing bringing balance to the universe is just so mind-bogglingly nonsensical too...does not compute.

Glad it's over really, it's become quite tiresome, especially as Endgame didn't have any of the light entertainment chops of GotG or Ragnarok....lots of wobbly lips and tears and overly earnest posturing. Think I've had my fill of Marvel movies to last me a good decade. Can we get a new franchise to dominate movie culture now plz?

Associate
Can we get a new franchise to dominate movie culture now plz?
Not likely possible from Hollywood as they seem to like remaking old films or rebooting or continuing the current franchise.
Creative direction seem to have gone south or big companies are afraid to justify funding these projects thinking it may flop in box office and make no money.
Disney seems to like buying everything too.

Back
Top Bottom