warning- water pistols == criminal offence

Man of Honour
seek said:
nonetheless they are pushing the "omg!! replica guns on public transport" thing, whereas that is explicitly against the rules of the game.

I wouldn't say pushing it, there just telling people what will happen if relistic ones are reported.

If you get 100's of strangers taking part. Not all of them will follow the rules, everyone knows that. Simple stats..

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
I wouldn't say pushing it, there just telling people what will happen if relistic ones are reported.

If you get 100's of strangers taking part. Not all of them will follow the rules, everyone knows that. Simple stats..
well whoever breaks the rules should get what they deserve. a resposible and fun water pistol game shouldn't be banned because of a few idiots.
it's a very sad state of affairs indeed when people can't play with water pistols without fear of being shot by armed police. :(

Man of Honour
seek said:
well whoever breaks the rules should get what they deserve. a resposible and fun water pistol game shouldn't be banned because of a few idiots.
it's a very sad state of affairs indeed when people can't play with water pistols without fear of being shot by armed police. :(

1) its not getting banned.
2) those who break it will get what they deserve.
3) Take out the media hype and what you'r left with is the police just making sure everyone knows what will happen if relistic guns are used. Think of it more like a saftey campaign

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
Think of it more like a saftey campaign
well as far as the police are concerened then i'd like to think that was true, but i get the distinct impression that the article in the OP is media hype, particularly regarding public transport.

i honestly doubt anyone who is prepared to pay £40 to play is just going to ignore the rules.

Soldato
Zefan said:
obvious i would have thought...

why pay that much if all you want to do is squirt people without a care for rules?

edit: plus of course, if you break the rules you're likely to get a punch from the guy you're squirting! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
My OH and I were stupped at customs once so the chappy could inspect our 'toys' to make sure they really were. They were bright orange plastic for god-sake! Still, he was pretty jokey about it so we assumed he was just going by the book and wasnt seriously considering confiscating them.

Permabanned
What would peoples attitudes be if a suicide bomber wasnt apprehended because armed police were too busy dealing with a call from someone saying they'd see someone with what appears to be a handgun in the centre of London?

Would it still be a harmless game?

Soldato
Visage said:
What would peoples attitudes be if a suicide bomber wasnt apprehended because armed police were too busy dealing with a call from someone saying they'd see someone with what appears to be a handgun in the centre of London?

I would like to hope that London has more than 1 policeman, so unsurprisingly i think they may just be able to be in more than one place at one time :eek: , so perhaps they would be able to deal with a terrorist suspect AND a reported firearm in central london. Oh and there is the small thing that i highly doubt special branch would be wasting their time on simple firearms offences when there are terrorist alerts about.

Aside from that your point is complete rubbish, but i suppose someone had to say it, just didn't think it would be you, i thought better of you.

Soldato
Visage said:

Remaining in context of the original story.
Imagine if the police did NOT come out to a dodgy looking character walking around with a large round canon-ball sized object with the word "Bomb" written on the side and what appears to be a burning fuse sticking out of the top.
I cannot think of better cover for the "real deal" than something that looks so obviously fake.

Permabanned
iCraig said:
supersoakerto3.jpg

Yeah, looks just like a lethal firearm. Christ almighty.. :rolleyes:

Actually, tis a leathal frag gun from UT2004

Soldato
Spud21 said:
I would like to hope that London has more than 1 policeman, so unsurprisingly i think they may just be able to be in more than one place at one time :eek: , so perhaps they would be able to deal with a terrorist suspect AND a reported firearm in central london. Oh and there is the small thing that i highly doubt special branch would be wasting their time on simple firearms offences when there are terrorist alerts about.

Aside from that your point is complete rubbish, but i suppose someone had to say it, just didn't think it would be you, i thought better of you.

What are you on about?
Every single report of a gun is taken extremely seriously.
They don't have somebody at the end of the phone grilling somebody, asking them what the gun looks like, could it be a fake etc.
This is why armed response units do turn up to kids playing in the street.
The minute you receive a call from the public where they "think" or have actually seen a gun and the police don't turn up and it turns out there was a real gun then heads will roll.

Special Branch not wasting their time on a simple firearms offence - what do you call a simple firearms offence?
Nobody knows what they are dealing with until somebody arrives on the scene and for that they need an armed response team.

Permabanned
stoofa said:
What are you on about?
Every single report of a gun is taken extremely seriously.
They don't have somebody at the end of the phone grilling somebody, asking them what the gun looks like, could it be a fake etc.
This is why armed response units do turn up to kids playing in the street.
The minute you receive a call from the public where they "think" or have actually seen a gun and the police don't turn up and it turns out there was a real gun then heads will roll.

Special Branch not wasting their time on a simple firearms offence - what do you call a simple firearms offence?
Nobody knows what they are dealing with until somebody arrives on the scene and for that they need an armed response team.

Exactly. Armed response teams have got better uses of their time than dealing with people who'cve failed to progress past puberty and wish to indulge their frustrated ambitions.

Lets face it - most of them like the idea of running round with a gun, but havent got the cojones to actually join the army, where hopefully Darwinism would kick in.....

Man of Honour
The police should shoot them out of compassion, anyone so stupid as to partake in this particularly infantile activity needs to be put out of their misery.

Soldato
i cannot help but think how innapropriate holding a street war competition is given the situation in lebanon. Yes its just a bit of fun etc etc we cant help whats going on over there etc etc. It just seems unnecessary to me.

But more to the point of the article... I do see the police's point. Especially given the de Menezes case. The police cannot afford to gun down a teenager wielding a water pistol that looks like a real gun. They just can't do it. However they can see themselves being put in a position where the might have to act. I think theyre just trying to cover their backs.

Soldato
Lil old me said:
i cannot help but think how innapropriate holding a street war competition is given the situation in lebanon.
sure the name "street wars" makes it sound inappropriate, but if you look into it you'd realise the game really has nothing to do with war games as such. it's just a misleading name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom