warning- water pistols == criminal offence

Soldato
stoofa said:
What are you on about?
Every single report of a gun is taken extremely seriously.
They don't have somebody at the end of the phone grilling somebody, asking them what the gun looks like, could it be a fake etc.
This is why armed response units do turn up to kids playing in the street.
The minute you receive a call from the public where they "think" or have actually seen a gun and the police don't turn up and it turns out there was a real gun then heads will roll.

Special Branch not wasting their time on a simple firearms offence - what do you call a simple firearms offence?
Nobody knows what they are dealing with until somebody arrives on the scene and for that they need an armed response team.

Right so if someone reports someone possibly with a firearm in London, the Police send every singe one of their armed response units to deal with it do they ? Special branch suddenly go "**** someones got a gun, bugger this surveilance we are doing on this suspected terror suspect, lets go get that man who might have a gun ?"

Of course the police will turn up, but it's not just 1 guy on his tod, there are a hefty amount of police in the large place called London, there are also these people called MI5 who will be surveying terror suspects along with special Branch, are you honestly telling me that these resources would be pulled to deal with a report of someone having a gun ? Or perhaps, i'm taking a leap of faith here, but mabye the Police have other resources available to them, so they can do more than one thing at once.

Soldato
iCraig said:
supersoakerto3.jpg

Yeah, looks just like a lethal firearm. Christ almighty.. :rolleyes:

quad barrel, rapid fire pump action - a gun that means business... call in the army to be honest!

Associate
seek said:
you are given the details of your "mark" ie work address, even home address etc and you have to go and squirt them. if you do they are out of the game and you go after the next target until there is one winner.

Awesome, sounds like Highlander with water pistols. There can only be one!!

It look like SOME people, as in not all, need to check out Dictioanry.com

You could also check out GOOGLE
Is that a replica Uzi water pistol I spy . . . .

The police could have phrased it better though.

Caporegime
We played this at university - it was called The Assassins Society. It was good fun, though I do accept the sentiment that it is slightly childish - perhaps it belongs at uni.

Anyway... The police are making a fair point. Some people do use water pistols that look too realistic - this is a problem. We heard that the Sheffield Society nearly got shut down because a couple of players were hanging round outside the police station with some of the more realistic guns. Nice work... Furthermore, the game itself also needs quite a lot of regulation as some players are flaming asshats. We had one player who actually attempted to garote someone and nearly knocked them out. It wouldn't be too much of a leap to get a moron playing the city wide London game, which could lead to a whole heap of trouble.

Anyway. The game is fun, but people need to play sensibly. After all, you're playing a game that involves "killing" people in public. How could there not be the potential for trouble?

Caporegime
Doesn't suprise me in the slightest, all i can say is meh.

You should all know by now our country is an absolute joke, look at the way they treat criminals, that hardest sherrif who was in the Sun yesterday is right, were to god damn soft, we stick em in cells with playestations, tv's etc... hell thats it im off out to cause havok, gona go raping, kiliing etc... i am, get me own cell with my own tv, playstation and what not, right wheres me gun rampage time.

There was a bloke done for summit yesterday, guess how long he got banged up for, a week, a day, dont be daft he GOT 15 ******* MINUTES!!!!!, yes that is indeed 15 minutes, i suppose when i go on the rampage this afternoon and blow 10 ppl away im gona get half a ******* hr in the slammer, i hope they got some decent games on their Playstations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Visage said:
What would peoples attitudes be if a suicide bomber wasnt apprehended because armed police were too busy dealing with a call from someone saying they'd see someone with what appears to be a handgun in the centre of London?

Would it still be a harmless game?

Police get tied up dealing with peolpe being drunk & disorderly far more often, but you don't see them banning booze.

Permabanned
krooton said:
Police get tied up dealing with peolpe being drunk & disorderly far more often, but you don't see them banning booze.

No-one is suggesting banning this 'game'. Merely that its played responsibly, with guns that cannot be confused with the real thing.

Much as people who drink are encouraged to do so responsibly.

Your post, therefore, is flawed.

Soldato
Visage said:
No-one is suggesting banning this 'game'. Merely that its played responsibly, with guns that cannot be confused with the real thing.

Much as people who drink are encouraged to do so responsibly.

Your post, therefore, is flawed.
so is yours.

that news article isn't suggesting it should be played sensibly, it's simply flaming the creators and saying that anyone who does go ahead and play it is irresponsible.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Visage said:

I think the idea and the game is fine , if " Played responsibly".

But you know someone , somewhere will substitute water for ammonia or battery acid .

What do the Police say then ? Give them a chance.

Mark

Last edited:
Permabanned
seek said:
so is yours.

that news article isn't suggesting it should be played sensibly, it's simply flaming the creators and suggesting that anyone who does play is irresponsible.

Really?

Emphasis mine:

But police said those taking part were irresponsible because some water pistols look like real guns and could lead to armed police being deployed.

Calls to the police may lead to disruption to services and the deployment of armed officers. Any offences committed will be treated seriously

Scotland Yard added that a seemingly innocent bit of fun could result in a waste of police time and divert essential resources away from real life

See that: some, could, may

In other words, if the game is polayed responsibly, the police are bothered.

But if some people use realistic looking weapons, there could be a situation that may lead to deployment of armed officers.

Do they not teach basic comprehension in schools any more?

Soldato
Visage said:
Really?

Emphasis mine:

See that: some, could, may

In other words, if the game is polayed responsibly, the police are bothered.

But if some people use realistic looking weapons, there could be a situation that may lead to deployment of armed officers.

Do they not teach basic comprehension in schools any more?
1st - you have a seriously large stick up your arse mate. :rolleyes:

2nd - sorry, but despite your anal quoting, the article still doesn't suggest the game should be played sensibly. it suggests it shouldnt be played at all.

Back
Top Bottom