Warranty plus 4 weeks Arrrggghhhh

Soldato
OP
Not yet - I've been checking the online status for the repair. They have received the 40D and the status in "repair in progress".

Hope it doesn't take too long as I have my daughters 4th party on the 17th Oct.

Anyway, we'll see.

Soldato
Hope it doesn't take too long as I have my daughters 4th party on the 17th Oct.

Anyway, we'll see.

You probably dont want to hear this but when i sent my canon away to get repaired it took fully 3 and a half weeks to get fixed and back to me after i was quoted the repair cost. I understand the problem with yours is slightly different though.

Soldato
OP
You probably dont want to hear this but when i sent my canon away to get repaired it took fully 3 and a half weeks to get fixed and back to me after i was quoted the repair cost. I understand the problem with yours is slightly different though.

Puts fingers in ears - La la la can't hear you.

All I can do is wait - but at least it's not going to cost me anything. I just hope they don't say - "it worked fine when it got here" and send it back.

I spent about 2 hours trying batteries out, lens swaps, CF card swaps, firmware updates and it failed to take a single shot, so hopefully it is proper broken like.

Soldato
Well it is repaired and being sent back. Thank you Canon !

Will they let me know what was wrong, or should I call to find out ?

that was quick!

There should be an invoice with what they've done to it. If not then maybe worth a call / email to find out exactly what they did. For peace of mind rather than anything else I think :)

Soldato
OP
Spoke to them this morning. Camera has been despatched by UPS to be back tomorrow. They have replaced the shutter/mirror mechanism and have given it a full service and checked all functionality.

I am seriously impressed by this as when it first went wrong I thought that there was no way I would get it repaired under any kind of warranty.

Can't wait to get it back !

Back
Top Bottom