Warranty question and cpu usage question

Associate
hi so i have two questions and wasnt sure where to put them,

1) if i add a sticker/decal to my case will this void the warranty and make me ineligible to send my pc in for repairs? it sounds stupid but i ask as with my old alienware i put a geforce sticker on the case and they would not allow me to send it back to be repaired as i "tampered" with it so i dont want to risk that again

2) i was wondering what normal cpu usage for battlefield 1 at 4k ultra should be as im getting 50-60%

Associate
OP
How long ago was that?

Can't imagine any company these days denying warranty on a sticker being placed, even if they did peel it off and remove.

it was about 3 years ago now, i'd put some decals around the case and they would not except it back to repair, i assume they take the old pc and send a new one back and then repair the old one to sell a refurbished much like how xbox does it

Associate
hi so i have two questions and wasnt sure where to put them,

1) if i add a sticker/decal to my case will this void the warranty and make me ineligible to send my pc in for repairs? it sounds stupid but i ask as with my old alienware i put a geforce sticker on the case and they would not allow me to send it back to be repaired as i "tampered" with it so i dont want to risk that again

2) i was wondering what normal cpu usage for battlefield 1 at 4k ultra should be as im getting 50-60%

1. Shouldn't cause a problem.
2. Seems relatively reasonable, however, info as to the CPU that you have may be of use.

Associate
OP
1. Shouldn't cause a problem.
2. Seems relatively reasonable, however, info as to the CPU that you have may be of use.
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor, think its started to settle down a bit now its at about 40/50 and the temps are 35-50 degrees under the 4k, ultra, 120fps of bf1
and the gpu (aorus 1080ti xtreme ) under this load goes to about 70degrees

Associate
OP
still new to pc gaming not sure how hot that gpu should get to but most people seem to think 70 degrees is pretty good for that card and the fans dont come on until its at 60degrees but i think i will set it so they come on sooner as the sound doesnt bother me, and hell id rather have a bit of noise instead of a burn card- its also 27ish degrees in the room at the moment

Associate
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor, think its started to settle down a bit now its at about 40/50 and the temps are 35-50 degrees under the 4k, ultra, 120fps of bf1
and the gpu (aorus 1080ti xtreme ) under this load goes to about 70degrees

Then yes the usage is fine.

Associate
still new to pc gaming not sure how hot that gpu should get to but most people seem to think 70 degrees is pretty good for that card and the fans dont come on until its at 60degrees but i think i will set it so they come on sooner as the sound doesnt bother me, and hell id rather have a bit of noise instead of a burn card- its also 27ish degrees in the room at the moment

The temps are good, I probably wouldn't change the fan too much.

Associate
OP
what temps would you say are something i need to worry about? when i put it under heavy loadthe card it hit 84degrees and did not go higher just a flat line at that temp

Back
Top Bottom