Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
Looks like an interesting revamp in progress there Jay! Have you noticed any difference with your bottom fans pulling in and your top exhausting with regards to temps?
Tbh no not at all, not enough to notice a difference anyway. The old setup would idle around 35c ish and get upto 68c on an all core boost of 5.1 on my 9600kf which was alright. The biggest improvement was the gpu with temps never topping 45c. Will see what this revamp brings tonight when i finish it.

Associate
It's done! Absolutely love the new setup, temps are great still with idle 33c cpu (ambients abit cooler) and gaming 68c, 44 gpu max load.

View attachment 2uMEBe2.jpg

dzcZGTr.jpg

G1qBRaR.jpg

dzcZGTr.jpg

DSORL4X.jpg
Stunning mate - really love the subtle lighting - you haven't killed it with an overdose of rgb. I'm actually rebuilding mine and managed to snag the only ek front panel d5 distro board for the 011 xl. Iv'e also bought a new ek velocity amd cpu waterblock. For now i'm going to use petg, but once i've done some research, im going to use chrome tubing. I love building in the lian li 011 xl and your 011 is really inspiring - brilliant stuff!

Soldato
Thanks guys! I'm so happy with it now, can't get over just how good it turned out though it should have been like this to begin with. Spend a lot of time just staring at it, really catches your eye when the lights are dim or off. I think the only thing im considering changing now is the cpu block which is around 5 years old now, its one of the original Bitspower Summit EF blocks which tbh didn't have that great of a review but i liked the aesthetics at the time. Like @teejay73 im considering the new Velocity blocks or possibly the Quantum block but not sure if its worth the £160+ premium, will check out some reviews. I'll be sure to check out the chrome tubing, never looked at those before. Is it actually metal or coated plastic?

@Shilz Temp sensor placement is on point there haha, great minds think alike! Love the build mate, that front radiator is Thicc! Bet you get some really nice temps with that setup. Loving the Riing fans up top, im not biased either haha. Lovely setup that mate, can see a lot of work has gone into it :)

Associate
Thanks guys! I'm so happy with it now, can't get over just how good it turned out though it should have been like this to begin with. Spend a lot of time just staring at it, really catches your eye when the lights are dim or off. I think the only thing im considering changing now is the cpu block which is around 5 years old now, its one of the original Bitspower Summit EF blocks which tbh didn't have that great of a review but i liked the aesthetics at the time. Like @teejay73 im considering the new Velocity blocks or possibly the Quantum block but not sure if its worth the £160+ premium, will check out some reviews. I'll be sure to check out the chrome tubing, never looked at those before. Is it actually metal or coated plastic?

@Shilz Temp sensor placement is on point there haha, great minds think alike! Love the build mate, that front radiator is Thicc! Bet you get some really nice temps with that setup. Loving the Riing fans up top, im not biased either haha. Lovely setup that mate, can see a lot of work has gone into it :)
Hi Jay, the chrome-plated tubes are copper-based, so it'll be a totally different approach to fitting them. I'm going to see how the petg runs work in my new build first. I think if I can get away with just one 90 degree on each run, then I'll go for it at some point. i'm thinking 3-4 metres will cost about £60, plus a cheap pipe bender and copper pipe cutters make it about £100, so it's a non-essential cost for what is only an aesthetic improvement.

Soldato
Hi Jay, the chrome-plated tubes are copper-based, so it'll be a totally different approach to fitting them. I'm going to see how the petg runs work in my new build first. I think if I can get away with just one 90 degree on each run, then I'll go for it at some point. i'm thinking 3-4 metres will cost about £60, plus a cheap pipe bender and copper pipe cutters make it about £100, so it's a non-essential cost for what is only an aesthetic improvement.
Thats pretty good to be fair, i was expecting a lot more with it being copper not to mention its gonna be a fair bit harder to bend them. You’ll defo have to let me know how you get on with it, always best to learn from other peoples experiences first haha. Only thing with PETG is its very easily scratched so be very careful when handling it. I managed to scratch mine by just sliding the fittings on.

Soldato
My fingers are so sore after this...

Kolink satellite - zero official rad support.
Ryzen 1600af.
Biostar x470 motherboard
2 x 8gb g skill 4400nhz ram - need to play with timings as won't run at that.
MSI vega 56 with EK block.
Silverstone sfx 450w gold psu.

Last edited:
Associate
Thats pretty good to be fair, i was expecting a lot more with it being copper not to mention its gonna be a fair bit harder to bend them. You’ll defo have to let me know how you get on with it, always best to learn from other peoples experiences first haha. Only thing with PETG is its very easily scratched so be very careful when handling it. I managed to scratch mine by just sliding the fittings on.
Yeah chrome plated copper tubes are not too expensive relatively speaking. I have worked with PETG a lot, though one of my concerns with my upcoming changes is having the vertical mount makes it nigh on impossible to run the bottom rad how I want too. Ideally, I want to run the tubes from the back of the case to the front with one 90 bend from each port on the rad. I'm thinking over whether to run the vertical mount or have a more traditional mounted card. decisions, decisions haha.

Soldato
Yeah chrome plated copper tubes are not too expensive relatively speaking. I have worked with PETG a lot, though one of my concerns with my upcoming changes is having the vertical mount makes it nigh on impossible to run the bottom rad how I want too. Ideally, I want to run the tubes from the back of the case to the front with one 90 bend from each port on the rad. I'm thinking over whether to run the vertical mount or have a more traditional mounted card. decisions, decisions haha.

Have you looked at the new 45 degree adjustable mounts for gpu? Maybe something to look into so you dont need as many tight bends and manage with some 45 degree bends instead. Can be found on the rain forest, or pm me.

What case do you have? O11D XL?

Soldato
Just about finished Project "Mouse's Ear"...

Absolute PITA, but I've squeezed a full loop into a Jonsbo W2. I opted for soft tubing because I'm not a complete sadist.
Couple of finishing touches (adaptor for CPU lighting), but 98% there.

I'll get some better pics when I can find my tripod.

Soldato
Just about finished Project "Mouse's Ear"...

Absolute PITA, but I've squeezed a full loop into a Jonsbo W2. I opted for soft tubing because I'm not a complete sadist.
Couple of finishing touches (adaptor for CPU lighting), but 98% there.

I'll get some better pics when I can find my tripod.
This reminds me of my old Antec Mini P180 but slightly smaller. Miss building in smaller cases, nice work mate.

Associate
Had a little update on my Lian Li xl - ditched the Bykski distro plate in favour of the EK D5 front distro plate for the Lian li XL and got a EK velocity cpu waterblock. I also ditched the vertical gpu in favour of clean runs (btw @Jay85 thanks for the tip regarding the gpu mount).

3h8vmFih.jpg

GDypJtMh.jpg

ie4FWx8h.jpg

YOAfX54h.jpg

DVl2yPXh.jpg

uUa0XVkh.jpg

g8JemY2h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a little update on my Lian Li xl - ditched the Bykski distro plate in favour of the EK D5 front distro plate for the Lian li XL and got a EK velocity cpu waterblock. I also ditched the vertical gpu in favour of clean runs (btw @Jay85 thanks for the tip regarding the gpu mount).

You're welcome Teejay, Lovely that mate, work of art. You've done a cracking job there, makes me wanna upgrade to the XL to make use of the back 120mm fan slot for a small distro block. I could do some really funky lines then haha.

Associate
You're welcome Teejay, Lovely that mate, work of art. You've done a cracking job there, makes me wanna upgrade to the XL to make use of the back 120mm fan slot for a small distro block. I could do some really funky lines then haha.
Cheers Jay! I did have a 120 fan on the back, but in all honesty, it does nothing for the temps from what I can gather. Just got to get some more mayhems blood red for the top as it looks a little low.

Soldato
Cheers Jay! I did have a 120 fan on the back, but in all honesty, it does nothing for the temps from what I can gather. Just got to get some more mayhems blood red for the top as it looks a little low.

Yeah i wouldn't use it for a fan, it would 100% need to be more distro block goodness lol. Like absolutely unnecessary but its all in the name of aesthetics ;). Are you using the mayhems non stain red dye? I've used the original mayhems dye from like 2015 lol thats been in storage... seems to be okay, we'll see in a few months.

Associate
Yeah i wouldn't use it for a fan, it would 100% need to be more distro block goodness lol. Like absolutely unnecessary but its all in the name of aesthetics ;). Are you using the mayhems non stain red dye? I've used the original mayhems dye from like 2015 lol thats been in storage... seems to be okay, we'll see in a few months.
Not sure if it is anything like non-stain, though I've cleaned through my system a few times and it has never had any staining - it's this one btw https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mayhems-x1-blood-red-coolant-1l-wc-023-mh.html I'm sure Phanteks do a distro block for the rear fan mount, though not sure it if is universal, though can't see why it wouldn't be?

Back
Top Bottom