Watercooled Case Gallery

Associate
She lives! Sorry for the reflections. Very happy with the progress so far. Temps are actually surprisingly better than I thought.

Diminishing returns adding the massive external radiator but without even bleeding the loop properly my temps are already significantly lower on the CPU and GPU.

Now not going over 50C on the GPU overclocked and it was in the high 50's before.

Keeping the fans speeds nice and low it's doing a pretty good job.

Craziest temperature difference I have seen is the chipset (cooled by ek block)

That hasn't gone over 35C all day and idles in the 20's!

Was a fun little project.

God knows what to do with the cable management by the desk.

I just thought I'd leave it for now :cool:

VqEQtkB.jpg

jVCO9If.jpg

Soldato
Well if we're doing this...

This is my first from 2005 and page 1 of this thread.

KePfmuG.jpg

Which swiftly became..

uQmxNnp.jpg

nQam7Zm.jpg

Then quickly upgraded to this...

dVf5RtR.jpg
As I became something of a dual loop pioneer I guess..

xetBewu.jpg

I hated that GFX card.. the 7950GX2, the drivers were so bad it used to often perform worse than a single card.

Then finally this as I went extreme about breaking as much hardware as possible... these sub zero things were soooooo noisy.

HfLfsR5.jpg

Then I became obsessed with pushing as much as I could into the smallest space possible so I did this..

OAeSTbA.jpg

Then this.. smaller again, this is CPU, GPU AND chipset all watercooled. It sort of worked. It also sort of overheated when it was hot outside.

6GJy5dV.jpg

Then I finally went for the most extre thing I could, cpu, gpu, chipset, mosfets and ram all in a custom case.

shKkEiJ.jpg

9AC7nuM.jpg

Which weighed an absolute TON.

Then I did this which was more reasonable I guess..

KapurmS.jpg

That was 2012 then I gave up until this year :)

Soldato
I'm not surprised... how much money have we wasted building/rebuilding something we love doing

I dread to imagine. Despite my income having gone up a long way of late I spend less now than I did then.

Although to be fair I "did" a lot less then so this was my only hobby, life's gotten more interesting since

Associate
My core p3. :)

167139116_10224343319958164_8503095020930824672_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That is ridiculous..... :eek:

Where's the rad, on the back? And how does the flow get into the CPU block?

So well executed, such little tubing. Really impressive... Not to take anything away from you because that's so well done but the difference that proper bits make is incredible, with the little history session we've had on here looking back to the rubbish we made with PTFE tape, hose clips and aquarium parts 15 years ago you wonder how we got here at all.

Associate
That is ridiculous..... :eek:

Where's the rad, on the back? And how does the flow get into the CPU block?

So well executed, such little tubing. Really impressive... Not to take anything away from you because that's so well done but the difference that proper bits make is incredible, with the little history session we've had on here looking back to the rubbish we made with PTFE tape, hose clips and aquarium parts 15 years ago you wonder how we got here at all.

Cheers! , Ah its all a bit confusing but its actually a triple parallel loop. With a HUGE occool rad on the back. So heat is not a problem :cool:
166970390_10224343443761259_420790686721594649_n.jpg

Soldato
Well if we're doing this...

This is my first from 2005 and page 1 of this thread.

KePfmuG.jpg

Which swiftly became..

uQmxNnp.jpg

nQam7Zm.jpg

Then quickly upgraded to this...

dVf5RtR.jpg
As I became something of a dual loop pioneer I guess..

xetBewu.jpg

I hated that GFX card.. the 7950GX2, the drivers were so bad it used to often perform worse than a single card.

Then finally this as I went extreme about breaking as much hardware as possible... these sub zero things were soooooo noisy.

HfLfsR5.jpg

Then I became obsessed with pushing as much as I could into the smallest space possible so I did this..

OAeSTbA.jpg

Then this.. smaller again, this is CPU, GPU AND chipset all watercooled. It sort of worked. It also sort of overheated when it was hot outside.

6GJy5dV.jpg

Then I finally went for the most extre thing I could, cpu, gpu, chipset, mosfets and ram all in a custom case.

shKkEiJ.jpg

9AC7nuM.jpg

Which weighed an absolute TON.

Then I did this which was more reasonable I guess..

KapurmS.jpg

That was 2012 then I gave up until this year :)

That's a lot of time and effort into those builds but oh boy we've come a long way - today's cases and loop parts look 10x better than stuff from 10 years ago

Soldato
Arguably greater achievement then as you did stuff you definitely weren't supposed to be able to do.

Having come back into though I do appreciate the ease of just buying a bunch of stuff that goes together and not having to use Google translate to be able to import it from Germany with international bank transfers etc

Associate
Arguably greater achievement then as you did stuff you definitely weren't supposed to be able to do.

Having come back into though I do appreciate the ease of just buying a bunch of stuff that goes together and not having to use Google translate to be able to import it from Germany with international bank transfers etc
amen to that

Soldato
Done HTPC rig with 3090FE block few weeks back. Was only 360mm worth of slim radiators in it which worked okay. In 20 degree room the fans at 1500RPM would mean water reached about 40 degrees and stabilised there with the GPU being 10 degrees over that on the core with a 425w load being dumped into it.

Now added a 480mm medium thickness radiator making sure it was hidden was a priority. Fans now at 800RPM in same 20 degree room and water temp goes to around 30 degrees with a 425w load being dumped into it for an hour or so. Fortunately way its routed couple of quick disconnects and radiator on the side fits perfectly behind the Shift X case. Cannot see the external rad unless you happen to look behind the PC which is right in the corner anyways.

2VTyQhb.jpg
QlFU10T.jpg
0rFcxch.jpg

Soldato
Done HTPC rig with 3090FE block few weeks back. Was only 360mm worth of slim radiators in it which worked okay. In 20 degree room the fans at 1500RPM would mean water reached about 40 degrees and stabilised there with the GPU being 10 degrees over that on the core with a 425w load being dumped into it.

Now added a 480mm medium thickness radiator making sure it was hidden was a priority. Fans now at 800RPM in same 20 degree room and water temp goes to around 30 degrees with a 425w load being dumped into it for an hour or so. Fortunately way its routed couple of quick disconnects and radiator on the side fits perfectly behind the Shift X case. Cannot see the external rad unless you happen to look behind the PC which is right in the corner anyways.

2VTyQhb.jpg
QlFU10T.jpg
0rFcxch.jpg
Love this case.. i swear one day i'll do a build in it :p

Soldato

2VTyQhb.jpg
QlFU10T.jpg
0rFcxch.jpg

It looks great but why on earth would a htpc need a 3090?!

Back
Top Bottom