Watercooling Ncase M1

Soldato
I'm looking to put my pc under full watercooling since my 2080ti is running way too hot on air in this case, but I'm not entirely sure what would be the best way to go about it? Since the space is very limited, I think it'll be very difficult to fit two slim 240mm rads in there with a pump too, I have seen a few builds do this online, but I'm still not 100% on how to do this since I have a 240mm aio (although it is a thicker rad) in there now and spacing is very tight.

I'm hoping to reuse as many components as I can, I currently have an EK full nickel cpu block, darkside 240mm slim rad and an EK pwm ddc pump that I think should be ok to fit in there. I was also planning on getting the reservoir that is designed for this case to put in.

My main questions for this would be, whether its better to go for external or internal for radiators? And what would be the best approach to take?

Soldato
If you are not averse to external then the world is your oyster... Fit blocks to the hot bits internal to the case, run hose out of the case, dry disconnects on the outside somewhere, then res, pump, and rad(s) external.. I did this for a while and it worked really well (120x4 rad with push pull noctua fans).. All the external watercooling bits were attached to a board that I hung from the inside side of my desk (picture hooks).. Fans blowing out from under the desk.
Routed a fan header and pump header down, used a 4 pin splitter and a mains -> 12v supply so they were only using pc connection for speed control/speed reporting, all power came direct from mains with no issue.

Worked really well, with the dry disconnects it would all be moved easily enough. Only downside is you need to be really OCD with hiding wires and neatness, but as space is on your side it can be very neat.. And if you want more radiator then thats EASY! :)

Soldato
OP
I think my only real issue with external is space I suppose, since I was trying to downsize my pc in order to save space, but I could probably hide the radiators somewhere underneath my desk or something. I would prefer to have one of those housings for the radiators that can house them with fans and usually the pump etc too, but I can't seem to find any that have a good amount of space. I'm fine with running qdcs, since I was planning to do so if I was to have a radiator that attaches to the side bracket in the M1.

Back
Top Bottom