Watercooling - pitfalls?

xet

xet

Associate
Mike: got it sorted mate, just gave the water block a damn good polishing re-pasted it and sat it back in, screwed it up tight and it's running sweet. WindowsXP won't take to the box but I downloaded some special customized version so that's most likely why (just finished installing linux on it with no problems)

Idle temps are 45c... sounds high BUT I've read many posts saying that MSI Neo2s temp sensor is wayyy off, there is apparently a fix for it so I'll flash the board later to get some more 'acurate' readings.

I am fairly sure however that a new water block or even lapping this one would reduce the temps further.

Cheers :D

Edit: err... appologizes for completely hijacking this thread. Though it's probably now filled with a boatload of watercooling pitfalls and gotchas :)

Last edited:
Soldato
My guess is that the polishing and the new paste were less the solution than the re-seating. A bad mount (oo-er, Missus!) compared to a good mount will make tens of degrees difference. Lapping and paste might make five degrees together but no more.

xet

xet

Associate
it would appear my ram is dead/dying now heh...

honestly though this water cooling project has been fun... if pluaged with setbacks :)

Good luck to anyone else 'taking the plunge' (lulz!) and I'm outta this thread :)

Back
Top Bottom