Wattbike Atom - questions for owners

Associate
Hi all,

We've got a 2nd generation Wattbike Atom coming in the next couple of weeks, and having never owned one I've got a few questions I'm really hoping that someone can help with.

1. Both my wife and myself will be using the Atom, how easy is it to switch between two users? Is it a faff to make adjustments to the bars, seats, etc?

2. We've got an iPad Air 2 that we intend on using with the bike (which will essentially live on it). I'm trying to work out the best workflow - the Wattbike Hub app doesn't seem to support multiple users, does that mean we'd have to log out and back into the app each time we switch users?

3. I own an Apple Watch and tend to use Apple Health to track my fitness and activity. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the best workflow for this would be? You can't sync the Wattbike Hub app on the iPad with Apple Health like you can on the iPhone, so, if I did a workout via the Wattbike Hub app on the iPad, will that sync to the Hub app on my iPhone and then push the data into Apple Health? Or is it just not that smart?

4. Am I right in saying that you need a Zwift subscription per user if you want to track individual progress and performance? Does it support multiple user accounts on the same device?

Cheers.

Soldato
Not used an Atom but have used the original Wattbike a bit, also not an Apple user so going to avoid those questions, but:

1) On the original the adjustments are all very easy, and each adjustment has a number marking setup, so if you get it setup for you and either remember or note down all the numbers it'll be pretty quick to switch between :)

4) Yeah, a Zwift sub is per-user. Not used the app directly (I used to have a laptop, now use a PC) but on that it allows switching users fairly easily, it doesn't auto-login but has a button for just login (previous user) and another to alter the user. I assume on the app you'd need to logout and back in again but can't see why it wouldn't work... Both Zwift and the Wattbike Hub app store everything relevant in the cloud...

Soldato
I've got an Atom (v1), so maybe able to help a bit.....

1. Very easy. No tools are required to move the seat up/down, or the bars up/down. You will need the usual allen key if you want to move them back and forth.

2. Very rarely use the Wattbike Hub app, but I presume the answer will be the same as question 4. One user per account.

3. Get a proper fitness watch and it's easy to sync :p

But seriously.....I don't use an Apple watch so I'd have no idea I'm afraid. I have a Garmin Fenix watch and track everything using the 'indoor bike' option.

Can you not connect power meters/HRMs to an Apple watch and log activities using that?

Back
Top Bottom