1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WC update :D

Discussion in 'Team OcUK Distributed Computing Projects' started by miniyazz, 18 Apr 2010.

1. miniyazz

Soldato

Despite having no RAM, I'm not letting that deter me from posting pics.

First up, the kink of fail :(

[​IMG]

Next, a few choice tools that came in handy :D

[​IMG]

Next, a bit of leaktesting, plenty of paper towels (Tesco value so poor absorptive quality unfortunately, but thankfully there were no leaks :))

[​IMG]

Filling the loop and trying (failing) to debubble it with a tub of distilled water, picked up a 6L container of the stuff from the Dialysis department at the hospital when I first set up the loop :D

[​IMG]

The whole loop set up:

[​IMG]

Graphics cards in:

[​IMG]

PERC 5/i in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, the bubble proliferation made the loop fairly useless, able to maintain idle temps within safe limits but rapidly overheating on load. So I used the alternative outlet on the pump to stick in a T-line with a bit of left-over hose and half of a quick disconnect (to seal it), filled it most of the way up with water and have been trying to get rid of bubbles since, there's quite a few I've got rid of now and it appears to be working a bit better but I haven't been able to test it properly with no RAM.

T-line:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully I'll get some RAM and back up and folding in no time :D

Last edited: 18 Apr 2010
  2. MikeTimbers

Sgarrista

Looks interesting but could you make the images slightly smaller? Takes an age to load!

3. miniyazz

Soldato

Hmm will see what I can do!

Edit: How's that?

Last edited: 18 Apr 2010
  4. Berserker

Man of Honour

Ah, the antithesis to cable tidying. :p

That'll be just like me then. Spaghetti junction? Ha! :D

5. miniyazz

Soldato

In my defense, pretty much all I could do with that is stick a cable tie around each bundle of SATA cables :p
    Unless of course you mean the cables behind the computer, in which case yeah okay :o