We seemed to have aquired a cat! Cat people in here please!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Sister sent me this, don't know if it had a chip in it or not etc but I'll find that out when I get home.

Thought you might like to see

Photo0270.jpg

That's just silly he can't even see over the steering wheel !!!

Anyway.
Cats always have more than one home, It will come & go as it pleases & use you like a female dog. :p

Associate
I forgot to mention this as well,

one of our old neighbours moved out a month ago and within the last 2 weeks one of her cats have been returning back to the house where she used to live, and our old neighbour currently now lives 3 miles away! It's amazing that cats know how to get to where they used to live.

Liam

Soldato
Is it that much? I thought it was a fair bit less; like you I don't know for sure though.
My experience with vets is that they cost quite a bit of money, the 100 quid is the price someone I know recently paid to have her cat sterilized.

So maybe chipping is cheaper but my point is that a lot of people get a cat but don't really want to soend money on them, I know someone that has 7 cats and wasn't even worried about one that never came home saying that she still had 6 left and one of them was pregnant anyway :facepalm:

Soldato
My experience with vets is that they cost quite a bit of money, the 100 quid is the price someone I know recently paid to have her cat sterilized.

So maybe chipping is cheaper but my point is that a lot of people get a cat but don't really want to soend money on them, I know someone that has 7 cats and wasn't even worried about one that never came home saying that she still had 6 left and one of them was pregnant anyway :facepalm:

Ah I see. That's really sad :( Poor thing. Did it ever go home? Some cat charities offer neutering vouchers for money off at the vets because the amount of unwanted cats and kittens every year is staggering. They recommend getting cats neutered before they are allowed out.

Soldato
but if she was keeping it well enough then it wouldn't come to ours

Yes, it would :/
Cat's love variety, attention, new things, comfort.... If you give a cat treats he's going to come back.

Its possible this cat has been abandoned, but it's far FAR more likely that he belongs to a neighbour who treats him well, feeds him and loves him and is worried sick about where he is while you're contemplating sending him to live with your dad :/

Its a healthy looking cat, it's not a stray, it's got a home which is probably near yours, let it go.

I don't mean to be rude but I'd be devastated if one of my neighbours started feeding my cat (which would make it stay with them for treats) then gave it to their dad... :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Its a healthy looking cat, it's got a home, let it go home.

You haven't read the thread have you?

I'm going to put an RSPCA collar on her with my contact details so if it does have an owner they can call me and tell me to leave her be! Going to put 'cat found' posters up all locally and ask all down the road.

Soldato
You haven't read the thread have you?

Yes I have, every post. I've replied more than once, but it just seems you're moving further and faster into taking this cat as your own (asking your dad if he'd home it) and I worry for its family.

I do respect that it may well be a stray, but you're conditioning it to your house which is going to make it harder to determine if it has a family nearby if it stops returning to them.

Did the cat immediately/quickly start sleeping in your house? If not then it has a home nearby that it's sleeping in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom