Poll: We`ve all seen them now. So whos buying what?

What console(s) will you buy?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 164 47.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 127 36.4%
  • Nintendo Revolution

Votes: 99 28.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 50 14.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 11.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Xbox 360 after the first price drop (roughly 6 months in)
PS3 when it drops to about £150
Revolution when it comes out if it's cheap and cheerful like the GC

Will be interesting to see the Xbox360's pricing.

Soldato
OP
Davey_Pitch said:
Poll added, though not the one asked for (you can only have 10 options in a vB poll). I voted for all 3, as I will get them all at some point. Xbox 360 is my only certainty for release date purchase unless the cost is stupidly high.
Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Nickg said:
without knowing which games are coming out for which format i would say its a very difficult decision to make based purely off marketing bs...
If you get a revolution, theres at least 5 sure fire games that your gonna get, and theres a high chance that each of them will be one of the best, if not the best in its generation for its genre.

Soldato
Revolution,

A) Because I like the look of it.
B) I like Nintendo games.
C) Ive always bought Nintendo for over 14 years now.
D) I have a Gamecube so the backward compatibility means I can play my old games.
E) Mario Kart
F) Sony & Microsoft are releasing hybrid PC type consoles while Nintendos is more like the typical console with console games.

Soldato
i request the undecided option to be renamed to

"wait till all the willy waving hype wars have died down and see what these things can actually do first" option

Associate
Probably just a Revolution. However, if the xbox360 can do something truly amazing (like cure cancer or cook me dinner) I might eventually get one.

Soldato
wo0kie said:
Probably just a Revolution. However, if the xbox360 can do something truly amazing (like cure cancer or cook me dinner) I might eventually get one.

if any of them are going to cook your dinner itll be ps3 (refering to the george foreman grill photoshops ;))

Associate
I choose Option 10, all 3 consoles on launch. That's what I did last time round, so it'll be the same again. My only choice is whether to import again or wait for UK release.

Soldato
Revolution for me!

Out of interest, though I'd post the results so far of the poll on the BBC Website:

Which next-generation games console looks the most tempting?

PlayStation 3 - 54.39%
Revolution - 22.47%
Xbox 360 - 23.14%

7518 Votes Cast

Associate
Well, I just bought a slim PS2 this year, still got plenty of Gamecube, GBA and PC games to play, plus I'm planning to get a PSP and DS by Christmas (although this depends on the GBA2!). Plus, uni is hard work so I doubt I will have much time for yet another new console. I'm going abroad for a year in the US next summer though so who knows, I may end up coming back with one of them! Hopefully the true potential of each console will have been unlocked by then because for me, it's the GAMES that decide which console I will get, not it's sex appeal or whatever. I'm spoiling myself too much these days and I think it's about time I gave up on video games since too many games lack originality these days, and maybe why I find games really boring so quick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom