1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail not working through ADSL router ?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Unwell Cat, 24 Jul 2006.

1. Unwell Cat

Gangster

I have one of these from Overclockers -

Dynamode R-ADSL-C4WEG 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem/Router/Switch/Firewall (NW-000-DN)

Basically any webmail ( Hotmail, Yahoo etc ) does not work through it. You get the login page, input user credentials and press login, the page refreshes and displays the login page once more.

If I change the router it works fine..!! Can someone please help me out.
    I'm not aware of any ports I need to open to allow webmail, certainly on the other routers ( Netgear, Dlink ) that work no particular ports are open.

Thanks

2. tolien

Caporegime

On AOL by any chance?

3. Unwell Cat

Gangster

No mate, it's freeserve. It's not the ISP as I have tried the router with both Freeserve and Zen ADSL providers with the same result. If I change the router voila webmail works fine.

C'mon guys any other suggestions ?

4. HangTime

Man of Honour

Might be worth disabling the firewall on the router to see if that helps. Could be something as simple as blocking cookies I guess....

5. Topgun

Hitman

i had this problem with my safecom. try playing around with the mtu size using drtcp. The default value is 1500 bytes but try settinng it to 1492.

If that doesnt work keep lowering it with these values 1478, 1458, 1430,

Last edited: 25 Jul 2006
  6. tolien

Caporegime

Bear in mind that if you change the MTU with DrTCP, you'll have to change it on the router too.