Wedding first dance songs...

Associate
Me and the BF were talking about this last weekend actually, though we don't plan on getting married any time soon. We tried to think of a song that reminds us of eachother, that reminds us of some happy times etc. Do you think 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce is an odd choice for a wedding song? :D

On a more serious note though, for a long time now I've geared towards 'Amazed' by Lonestar. I know lots of people have it, but apart from the fact that it's got lovely words, it's my dads favourite song, and I've had to resign myself to the fact that he's not likely to make it to my wedding day, whenever that might be :(

Edit - that makes it sound like my dad is dying or something, he's not! But he's an agoraphobe, so wouldn't be able to get to any wedding venue...

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I had Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra as the first dance song at my wedding. It was one song that the wife and I agreed on without any arguments.

Wasn't so much a first dance as it wasn't that kind of wedding but we had this as our wedding song :)

Soldato
OP
Me and the BF were talking about this last weekend actually, though we don't plan on getting married any time soon. We tried to think of a song that reminds us of eachother, that reminds us of some happy times etc. Do you think 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce is an odd choice for a wedding song? :D

On a more serious note though, for a long time now I've geared towards 'Amazed' by Lonestar. I know lots of people have it, but apart from the fact that it's got lovely words, it's my dads favourite song, and I've had to resign myself to the fact that he's not likely to make it to my wedding day, whenever that might be :(

Edit - that makes it sound like my dad is dying or something, he's not! But he's an agoraphobe, so wouldn't be able to get to any wedding venue...

LOL oh thank goodness for that - I was totally thinking that was the case haha - Amazed was a little too overdone for our liking but in the end it's what means something to you.

Associate
I was talking about this the other day with the missus as well actually. She liked one of the Snow Patrol ones as well, think it was You could be happy. It's a nice song, but I dont think the lyrics are particularly well suited.

My vote was going towards Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight or Elton John - I want Love. I'm not sure how cliched they are tho but I suppose that dosent really matter if you both like the song. As long as its not that robin hood Bryan Adams song which I cant for the life of me remember the name of right now.

I'm liking the Sinatra suggestion as well, although i think you'd have to be a pretty handy dancer to pull it off.

Caporegime
Hmm I suppose if we were to choose a song that reminded us of each other it would have to be Graceland by Paul Simon.

Of course we'd have to decide to get married first.

JK1

JK1

Associate
I'm liking the Sinatra suggestion as well, although i think you'd have to be a pretty handy dancer to pull it off.

I'm a terrible dancer but we just about pulled it off. We just had fun with it. Plus the DJ got everyone else up dancing after 30 seconds so no-one was looking at us.

Back
Top Bottom