****Weekend Football Fixtures - 10-11th January 09 SPOILERS****

Don
Shocking performance from the side as a whole and possibly the worst individual performance from any Liverpool player in years from Lucas. All he done was give the ball away of give free-kicks away :mad:

Only positive from today was Skrtel who carried on from where he left off.

Permabanned
Jesus christ a draw, pmsl, just got to hope UTD do us a favour tomorrow and get a win.

Umm.. Man U are your biggest threat.. why would you want them picking up maximum points and gaining even more confidence from such a huge game?

The best result for your lot would be a draw from that game, surely?

Anyway, it's about time Liverpool dropped some points. How it hasn't happened in numerous other games I'll never know.

Title race is between Man U and Chelsea.. Liverpool have made themselves a bit of a nuisance but I don't believe they'll win it, not at all.

Soldato
Said it time and time again about Lucas and people keep defending him saying give him a chance and he needs more time to settle in. 100% had enough, hes not Liverpool level, if he needs more time then ship him out on loan to some crap team that will take him for 12months.
If Gerrard is getting marked out of the game then why not stick him further back where Lucas is and get Keane on with Torres. No point playing Gerrard there when he has 3 people around him constantly.

Associate
Umm.. Man U are your biggest threat.. why would you want them picking up massive points and gaining even more confidence from such a huge game?

The best result for your lot would be a draw from that game, surely?

yea i'm hoping for a draw, with a few red cards to key players on both teams :p

Man of Honour
Awful today, Benayoun and Lucas in particular were utterly dreadful. Really could have done with the 3 points from that, given the context of the chelsea v man u match tomorrow. As it stands at the moment we are 8 above United, but with united having those 2 games in hand, meaning that if united win tomorrow + the potential of 6 points from their 2 games in hand, that would put United 1 point ahead of Liverpool.

Strange team selection tonight I thought, I have never rated Aurelio or Lucas, and I thought Lucas in particular was terrible tonight. Really highlighted how important Alonso is to us. Benayoun is a player who seems far too ball greedy to me at times, and I sit shouting at him to pass the ball instead of going off on dribbly runs which commonly end in him being dispossessed.

I think we are in dire need of a quality winger in this january transfer window, and a decent squad player too.

Caporegime
Kuyt had a great start to the season and deserved his place but he's been awful for months. We never play well when he starts up top on his own yet Benitez does it time and time again. He gets away with murder and it's costing us big time now.

Keane might as well kill himself. Played well in the Champions League and then a few games in the Premiership then dropped without reason. He could've made a difference today but he'll be gone in the summer.

Don
Strange team selection tonight I thought, I have never rated Aurelio or Lucas, and I thought Lucas in particular was terrible tonight. Really highlighted how important Alonso is to us. Benayoun is a player who seems far too ball greedy to me at times, and I sit shouting at him to pass the ball instead of going off on dribbly runs which commonly end in him being dispossessed.

Aurelio was an easy pick. He's not a bad player when he's fit and 100x better than Dossena. Similar situation with Benayoun, he's been much better than Babel this season.

The only real decision to make was whether th start Keane off Kuyt with Gerrard alongside Masch or to play Lucas and push Gerrard further forward. Although im sure most people would have wanted to see Keane start (myself included), it was hardly an easy decision after Keane's last performance.

Man of Honour
Aurelio was an easy pick. He's not a bad player when he's fit and 100x better than Dossena. Similar situation with Benayoun, he's been much better than Babel this season.

I dont know, I think I would have picked Insua instead of Aurelio, I think Insua has had a decent few games recently, would happily of picked him rather than Aurelio. As for the Benayoun/Babel one, I wouldnt have started with Benayoun, I would have started with Keane or Torres up front instead of Benayoun at all.

Don
I dont know, I think I would have picked Insua instead of Aurelio, I think Insua has had a decent few games recently, would happily of picked him rather than Aurelio. As for the Benayoun/Babel one, I wouldnt have started with Benayoun, I would have started with Keane or Torres up front instead of Benayoun at all.

Insua's away for a month with Argentina's under 20's.

As for Benayoun; im not a fan of his but his last few games he's been playing very well. Had Torres been fit to start then he would have and like i said about Keane in my last post, he's hardly setting the world alight recently.

Man of Honour
Aww damnit, I forgot about that stupid under 20s thing.

Torres was perfectly fit enough to start, even if he had to be substituted later on. I am an advocate of getting the points on the board and then subbing as needed, not waiting til late on and hoping to turn a game around. I reckon Torres could easily have played for the first half and then been subbed at half time if needed. Keane isnt setting the world alight admittedly, but again, in a game where I wanted importantly to get 3 points I would much rather have given Keane the time than Benayoun

Don
Keane might as well kill himself. Played well in the Champions League and then a few games in the Premiership then dropped without reason. He could've made a difference today but he'll be gone in the summer.

He may as well if he can't put the ball in the back of the net. Like i said above, i personally would have started him but he can't complain when he plays like he did against Preston.
Aww damnit, I forgot about that stupid under 20s thing.

Torres was perfectly fit enough to start, even if he had to be substituted later on. I am an advocate of getting the points on the board and then subbing as needed, not waiting til late on and hoping to turn a game around. I reckon Torres could easily have played for the first half and then been subbed at half time if needed. Keane isnt setting the world alight admittedly, but again, in a game where I wanted importantly to get 3 points I would much rather have given Keane the time than Benayoun
We shouldn't be needing Torres to beat Stoke. He's had several hamstring problems and unless he was 100% fit then we weren't going to risk him. Torres being fit for the rest of the season is far more important than one game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom