******weekend footie spoilers******

Soldato
SHHHHHAAAAWWWEEEEETAAAAH!

The beeb match report seemed to suggest that Everton were the better side, at least in the first half, but most of their minute by minute reports featured us :confused: work that out.

It's a shame England couldn't do the same against Scotland, but that's for another thread.

Panzer

Last edited:
Soldato
Congrats Newcastle. I thought they played some good stuff in the 2nd half. They didn't give Everton a sniff. Cracking 2nd goal from Solano...class finish with the outside of his right foot.

Lets not forget that Everton had two attempts cleared off the line in the 1st half though. It could quite easily have been a completely different game.

Associate
Anyone watching spanish football? Eto'o nearly walked off, racist comments from the fans.

Now a penalty for Barca, blatant handball. Quite a boring match until the last few minutes.

Soldato
I just switched on for the second half since i forgot about it, thought there would be a good few more goals though with Zaragota scoring quite a lot recently.

Great spirit by Eto'o to stay on and play and answered the fools with a great set up for the second goal :)

Associate
I quite fancied Zaragoza tonight. Shame they didn't get anything as it would have given Valencia and Real Madrid a chance to get quite close.

Fair play to Eto'o though, best way to shut them up.

Associate
I agree but looking at the fixtures it was never going to be a high scoring day. I can see a few good games tomorrow though.

Just saw the Fabregas penalty appeal. What have we done to annoy the officials this season? Nothing seems to go our way at the moment.

Soldato
bungler said:
I agree but looking at the fixtures it was never going to be a high scoring day. I can see a few good games tomorrow though.

Just saw the Fabregas penalty appeal. What have we done to annoy the officials this season? Nothing seems to go our way at the moment.

Its all the penalties that werent, catching up with you from the season before last, that and all the yellow cards for the dirty, dirty tackles you did as well.
;)

Soldato
Great win for the boys in black and white yesterday.
Unbeaten since Souness was peddled and only 1 goal conceded!

First half was poor , I actually fell asleep for a little while , the bloke next to me said I was snoring!
Although the football was boring it had more to do with large quantities of alcohol , a late kick off and a late night before I reckon. :o

Souness would have been hung for playing 4-5-1 at home but a lack of fit forwards made this a necessity.
Parker was once again outstanding as was the Turk of the Toon making things happen in midfield.

Second half was much better with Nobby stealing the show with a superb second goal - 6 or 7 passes capped with a magical finish.
I argued that it was the best goal we have scored this season , my mates disagree - numpties.

The horrible little Cahill was lucky to stay on the pitch - up to his usual antics again. :rolleyes:

We have some winable games from now till the end of the season and if we can get Shearer and his little pal Michael back we can cause teams serious problems.
Only a trip to Old Trafford and the visit of the greatest team in europe - the eternally sinned against Liverpool are the games I cant see us winning.

Up to 11th in the league now!!

Haway the lads!

Edit - little note on the Souness legacy , Local youngster and Ronald Macdonald look a like Matty Pattison prefered on the bench ahead of £10m man Luque.
Something wrong there me thinks.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Vandle said:
Great win for the boys in black and white yesterday.
Unbeaten since Souness was peddled and only 1 goal conceded!

hmmm,Blackburn have gone from 5th bottom to 5th since Souness left,i'm sensing a pattern :D

Back
Top Bottom