******weekend footie spoilers******

Associate
Eto did the right thing to stay on the pitch and why o why are why are we playing Morienties again today 2-1 to Liverpool Kewell,Gerrard

Associate
A pretty poor performance from Chelsea yesterday.
Cole, who has been in sparkling form, looked bereft of ideas and SWP couldn't find the finish he needs.
Glad of the win and the 3 points, but I think our minds were elsewhere.
Makalele = legend, as ever.

Permabanned
Not only playing Morientes,but partnered with Crouch - i just don't get that at all.They are both slow,Morientes aint gonna get on the end of any Crouch flicks,and Crouch is gonna get in the way of any good crosses that Morientes might take advantage of :confused:

Associate
Good result for Liverpool today, but I am very frustrated at the lack of quality and finishing from our strikers. At the start of the season we could have blamed a lack of quality delivery from the flanks but from November onwards, Kewell & Gerrard have been putting in quality ball after quality ball and Moro or Crouch are unable to convert, I mean they can connect ok, just wasting chances and they are really really good chances that any other strikers would want to come their way each game.

Usually if strikers are not scoring the goals, the first place to question is the qualiy of delivery and supply from the midfielders, but this is seriously not the case, and its very worrying.

I mean we need to get 2 goals when Benfica come to Anfield, thats going to be a big ask, we know that at the back we are solid but only getting the odd goal at home every week is poor and I hope its sorted soon enough because if the club actually had strikers scoring goals then the team would most definately be ahead of Man U and much closer to challenging Chelsea at the top.

Soldato
Its persistance with Morientes that surprises me, he just doesnt cut it, he has had long enough to settle, but he is just no goal threat at all.

Crouch, allthough he scored agaisnt us, just is not good enough for a team of liverpools standing.

Don
atpbx said:
Its persistance with Morientes that surprises me, he just doesnt cut it, he has had long enough to settle, but he is just no goal threat at all.

Crouch, allthough he scored agaisnt us, just is not good enough for a team of liverpools standing.

Crouch actually played very very well today, looked the part and looked dangerous.

Don
Pigeon_Killer said:
I didn't get to see any of the Liverpool game :( Did we create many chances for our missers? What happened to Alonso?

Yea created enough to win comfortably, crouch hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, had a good save by James, and also a wonderful flick through the legs which JSUT went wide. Liverpool fans booed when Rafa took him off and left Moro on. Was a good enough win, needed a 2nd though to say it WAS a good performance.

Alonso had a clash of heads in the first 20 minutes i think. Went up with Joey Barton and had a clash, 10 staples in his head. Came back on but was suffering from double vision and was substituted for Hamman.

Caporegime
hilly said:
Yea created enough to win comfortably, crouch hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, had a good save by James, and also a wonderful flick through the legs which JSUT went wide. Liverpool fans booed when Rafa took him off and left Moro on. Was a good enough win, needed a 2nd though to say it WAS a good performance.

Alonso had a clash of heads in the first 20 minutes i think. Went up with Joey Barton and had a clash, 10 staples in his head. Came back on but was suffering from double vision and was substituted for Hamman.
Thanks. I take it Moro wasn't playing to his usual high standard today? :D I really hope it isn't just favouritism that makes Benitez play Moro over Cisse every single game. I know Cisse hasn't really shown much but I reckon he would get a few more than Moro if he was given a 10 game run. At least it's another 3 points. I hope Gerrard and Carragher don't play for England next week. They both really need some rest before the WC.

Soldato
hilly said:
Crouch actually played very very well today, looked the part and looked dangerous.

Liverpool should be in for proven 20+ a season goal scorers, he just isnt good enough, those two strikers are the reason Liverpool are not chasing Chelsea and are struggling to get past United in the league.

Morientes and Crouch have something like 11 league goals between them.

Don
atpbx said:
Liverpool should be in for proven 20+ a season goal scorers, he just isnt good enough, those two strikers are the reason Liverpool are not chasing Chelsea and are struggling to get past United in the league.

Morientes and Crouch have something like 11 league goals between them.

Yes Liverpool do need a 20+ goal a season striker, perhaps two. But Crouch is doing his best and playing well at the moment.

Pigeon Killer said:
Thanks. I take it Moro wasn't playing to his usual high standard today? I really hope it isn't just favouritism that makes Benitez play Moro over Cisse every single game. I know Cisse hasn't really shown much but I reckon he would get a few more than Moro if he was given a 10 game run. At least it's another 3 points. I hope Gerrard and Carragher don't play for England next week. They both really need some rest before the WC.

Moro wasn't bad, they were linking up very well i nthe first half, but should have been taken off before Crouch. Cisse didn't get a look in, didn't look amused on the bench.

Gerrard took a bit of a knock at the end of the game (more than likely brusing) so he could miss out. Carragher will play some part though, as he didn't play today.

Kromkamp on the right and Agger in the middle looked very good, especially Agger.

Back
Top Bottom