******weekend footie spoilers******

Permabanned
atpbx said:
Morientes and Crouch have something like 11 league goals between them.

they're not that prolific :D
It's 8 :eek:

Crouch 5
Cisse 4
Moro 3
FloPo and Fowler 0

As i said earlier in the thread,i just can't see how Crouch and Moro can play together,they get in each others way.Should be Crouch OR Moro + Cisse or Fowler,or either on their own with a 5 man midfield if he wants to go that way.In reality tho Moro shouldn't be playing at all -he's not done anything to merit a place ,and he's had 18mths to 'acclimatize' ,but hasn't.

Caporegime
Just watched the highlights on MOTD2, Crouch was unlucky with that back heel, would have been a cracker, but just shaved the post, and is it just me or does he look like Rodney from the old Only Fools And Horses. :D

Soldato
Anyone watch the Rome derby? Fantastic result for Roma, Serie A record now, 11 straight wins. Well done to them. There was a lot of love for Totti even though he wasn't playing, shame, this would have been very fitting for him. Hope him all the best and ready for the WC :)

Associate
Jigga said:
Newcastle getting better their team is normally like this Good goalkeeper, two top strikers and 8 bags of sand.

thats well harsh on the midefield dude.

emre is a GEM
solano quailty as always
Parker is all heart and like a young shearer (if he was a geordie)
Dyer great play maker

tbh i think we have one of the best midfields, we have creative players, holding players.

midfields always been a strong newcastle point, which amazes me why they still haven't sorted the defence out in the last 5 years.

Soldato
Our defence really isn't as bad as people make out.

I know Boumsong is a plank and Bramble is clumsy but check out our last five games - only one goal conceded. The problem is most of the games we have lost this season have been by 1 or 2 goals.

I know there is the exception like the 3-0 to Man City but even against the big clubs like our last meeting with Liverpool we only lost 2 - 0. Our biggest problem this season has been at the other end. Many of those games wouldn't have been lost by the odd goal if we could have converted even one of our chances at goal.

The strikers are partly to blame, while Shearer's been out we have had to rely on Ameobi, who can't run without making it look like a monumental effort to coordinate both legs and even with Shearer on the pitch a lot of it was down to Sounesses tactics and team formation. The amount of times we played 4-5-1 with Shearer up front by himself was a disgrace.
I don't think the midfield can be let off either and I think Jigga has a bit of a point. Up until a few matches ago we were giving the ball away far to easily in midfield which was causing problems for our defenders and meant out attack wasn't getting the ball. It's all well and good having the two best strikers in the country ;) but without the supply from the midfield that’s a pretty weak gesture. Take the game where Owen got his hat trick. Two of those goals he had to make for himself!

I agree with you EasyG that those four players you mentioned are gold :) but there are other aspects you have overlooked. While Souness was in charge he was playing Nobby Solano in the middle instead of on the wing where he belongs and it showed in his performance. When we got him back from Villa he was one of their best players but as soon as he came back into our squad he was under achieving. Since Souness has gone and Nobby's found himself back on the wing he's been playing blinder after blinder. It's not a coincidence. Dyer has been out for most of the season and so he doesn't really count in comparison. Emre is starting to get into the swing of things now but I'm not sure what was going on with him while Souness was there.

I think another player who has shined in the last 5 games has been N’zogbia; I think he has a lot of potential on the opposite wing to Nobby.

I do agree with you that we have a strong midfield but we haven’t for most of the season due to injury and a stupid manager.

Here's hoping we can make an impression over the last few games of the season :)

Panzer

Soldato
I'm very worried about this season now. Looks like it's a free for all for teams to beat us. If we carry on this form we'll be lucky to get a bloody UEFA cup spot :(. Just hope we do well in the champs league this year.

Associate
my only problems with boumsoung and bramble is there positional play.

nearly every game i have seen them play they have been caught in a bad position and the attacker has flown past them because to be fair there both slow as hell, which is why centre backs need to be in good positions to the attacker.

they dont seem to communicate either as well, i dunno maybe they do but there covering of each other is pretty bad.

one person that is doing pretty well at the back is the boy ramage, not sure where he came from but he has been fairly solid and done some cracking tackles and blocks at the back.

Soldato
Yeah I agree with you that they are slow and have no communication but based on the results of past matches, our defense isn't that bad. Maybe Given is doing such a good job that he's covering for them both...

Panzer

Associate
Well thats what glen has made the defenders do is talk more to each other, he was saying today that when he watched them play they didnt communicate with each other and thats what glen has made them do, and it seems to work only 1 goal conceded in 5 matches now.

Associate
if newcastle beat chelsea in the FA cup i would put a bet on us to win it. It would also be the greastest thing ever as a newcastle fan and resident.

Back
Top Bottom